1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our Phoney War

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Oh Yeah, they have done a great job of putting Bush in a corner:rolleyes:
    All sarcasm aside, Congress has always backed down from Bush on Iraq and have given him all that he has asked for.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And they will ignore the wishes of the American people and do so again this time.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newt will never be President.

Newt does a good job of telling us what we already know.

Both parties went into this war not realizing the full damage done to the CIA by Senator Frank Church and other Democrats when the CIA was all but destroyed in the 1970s. When it was proven that the CIA was incorrect, it was too late because we had already had a war on our hands.

Now the Democrats have been angry for many years because they believe that they are the only ones fit to govern. They believe that the end justifies the means. Their end is to regain total political power and they are willing to bring down the USA internationally if they can put a Democrat in the White House with a Democrat Congress on Capitol Hill and a liberal supreme court.

Some of the allies of the Democrats are the isolationists who also want to pull back from international affairs. However, the isolationists cannot win in the GOP and their stock will be very low with the Democrats on the day after the election.

Newt will never be President but he keeps hoping. I think that Newt is a little sad because his intelligence is great but is popularity is low. Newt seems to be too proud to accept a lesser job in public office where he might do more good in my opinion than as a one-man think tank.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isolationism is a very, very bad idea. I think that these United States should engage in diplomatic relations and trade with all the nations in the world.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you support Newt for President?

So do you support Newt for President?

I can tell you right now that I can't see that he should be elected President. Nor do I see why he is in this campaign.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I support Congressman Ron Paul for president.

Let me save you some typing, cmg, I know - he can't win.

I support Congressman Ron Paul for president.

However, I was disappointed in his effort on O'Reilly's show tonight. I wish the Congressman would be more precise in making his points.

Not that it matters. Get used to the phrase "President Hillary Rodham Clinton".

#26 KenH, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For democrats and liberals, yes.

For the rest of us, the election of Hillary is either good or bad depending on what one thinks is good for America.

And it would definitely be bad for our country.