1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Outrage long overdue

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ivon Denosovich, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I think Paul should bring this up in the campaign.

And...

I'm guessing NONE of the top Repubican conenders would defend this now. Paul should get Medina to ask for a public apology.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Bush running for a third term?

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You'd think so.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think what Ivon suggests would come across to the electorate as petty.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No! Thank goodness!

Jamie

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I cannot understand why everyone is so critical of Bush. His time has past. He is history. Nothing can undo the mistakes, it is too late. Our time would be much better spent doing anything we can do to ensure we have a decent choice for the Republican ticket in 2008. That means someone other than Giuliani and Romney getting the nomination.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called hate, my friend. It's an obsession and many people are afflicted.:(

8. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

You'll note I stated:

... thus clearly showing that I'm aware of a current election to replace Bush. Also, note the point of the OP:

Amazingly, both my acknowledgement of the election to replace Bush and the reason of the OP (giving Paul a worthy cause to champion) were simultaneously ignored so as to stone the messenger with:

Really? Guess you missed this:

Thus proving that neither me nor libertarians in general "hate" Bush. I'd ask for a shred of evidence to the contrary but that would require you to 1) link to an article or 2) cite verifiable statistics... both of which I have done in this and above posts while you have solely resigned yourself to three opinion oriented posts containing precisely three sentences apiece and no, (count em!) zip, zero, zilch resources. My political sin seems to be holding a leader I VOTED FOR to a standard somewhat higher than Comedy Central during a time of war.

In fact, the closest you come, carpro, to even remotely defending Bush's gaffe is by flippantly dismissing the entire scenario as "petty." In light of George Medina's loss of his son, I don't think most people would defend someone mocking the reason for that loss regardless of what that reason is/was. For instance, if a drunk driver accidently killed a man and than parodied his mistake by quixotically looking under a desk for his AA schedule of meetings-- meetings which would have helped in preventing the needless loss of life-- I doubt you'd find that funny. If partisanship demands defense of insensitivity and wholesale conspiracies of "hate" by those who link to The New York Daily News (a conservative publication no less!) than perhaps it's time you window-shopped for a new worldview.

#8 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

That is why I have tried to help Ron Paul in any way I can. I believe he is the best Republican for the job. If not him, then Mike Huckabee Of course though, there are people here on this board that will look at people like Paul or Huckabee and say they can't win, so they will "settle" for who ever the Repubican party hand picks. Sad really...

Jamie

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist