1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Outsourcing jobs empowers China.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Jan 19, 2007.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

And in England when a company goes bankrupt, the stock owners are responsible for the debt . . .

I have heard that the someone (French?) experimented with 32 hour workweeks . . .

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

If it is "a summer job for highschool kids," then who will be working there in the Fall, Winter and Spring?

This is rather condescending.

This does too. BTW, people aren't going to simply stop going to Starbucks. There is more than one option today, yet people still keep going there.

Read what you wrote - I am not sure that you were intending to do this, but it certainly sounds as if you are putting these workers down, claiming that they are only worth $5/hour. Besides, as the news story shows (the one I provided in my last post), they raised prices to pay more in salaries, and still made more money than they did last year.

This is not the fault of the unions. After all, the unions are not running the companies you mention. The problems these companies face are the result of bad management.

Regards,
    BiR

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

They sure are - I have seen story after story on the newswire (I am in the financial industry) and companies are reporting good numbers. Some, such as ExxonMobil (again), are reporting RECORD numbers. Read the news today: ExxonMobil set a new record - breaking the record they set last year..... that broke the record they set the prior year.

:thumbs:
    Excellent point, and let's not forget the caste system they enjoy in India.

Regards - hope all is well with you and yours,
    BiR

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Kids just out of highschool, part time workers say mothers whos kids are in school. That is how it worked when I made pizza at 17 and 18 years old. I then got a better job to better myself instead of demanding $12 an hour. That is how hamburger joints and coffee shops have done buisness forever.

It was not ment condesending. It is the truth, there is only so much a person will pay for a hamburger. When that price rises above the limit people will pay then sales drop. Add to that it takes no education or skill to make a McBurger and the job is not worth what other jobs that are skilled pay.

Its trendy. It will reach a limit where people will find something else. I have not bought starbucks in over a year because I can not stomach $7 coffee. It good, but not that good.

Like I said, the day will come when it will come to an end. And when it does the company will try to cut back wages and benifits. When they do the SB union will not let them. They will either fight the union and loose costomers because of picket lines or continue to raise the price of coffee causing them to loose buisness.

All you need to do is figure out how to start a trendy coffee chain at the right time to compete and you will be the next billionair.

Unions dont run buisnesses. They extort them. Do what we say or we will destroy your buisness. The bad management is allowing this in the first place. I like what Wall Mart did when (I think in Canada) the store tried to unionize. They shut down the store and took their jobs elsewhere.