1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Overweight Preachers

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Feb 27, 2011.

1. mets65

mets65 New Member

Great point. Sometimes I'm guilty of neglecting a lot of other things in life including Bible study and prayer because of wanting to catch a game or something of the sorts. Sometimes it's easy to forget moderation doesn't just apply to physical things but also mental things.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Aaaah but you do:

The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. (Proverbs 11:25)

And most of us eat quite "liberally." :)

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

LOL... I meant in relation to a persons body weight.
    That was funny though.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like a different translation of Prov. 11:25 as it is much more understandable:

A generous person will be enriched, and the one who provides water for others will be himself satisfied.

Hmmmmm, does not seem to address over eating in an understandable version.

I do believe you used a very liberal interpretation of this proverb. :laugh:

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, God's plan is that something get done. If we do not obey, we are not there to be part of that and God will use someone else who is there. We miss out on opportunities but God's will still goes forth. I know I love to be a part of what God is doing and hate to miss it just because I'm too lazy to be there or not healthy enough to be able to help.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I remember when I was a kid, the "large" fries was today's small or medium. A soda was today's small or medium as well. Adults would get a McD's meal of a hamburger, today's kid's size fries and a small soda - which is now today's kid's meal! So when I go to McD's, I get a kid's meal and save the toy for the shoeboxes that we do at Christmas for Samaritan's Purse. I used to love to get the "Big Mac Junior" when they had it. It was a hamburger with some of the stuff on it that was on the Big Mac. I love the flavor of the Big Mac but it's too big so the Junior was perfect for me! Oh well. So I just get the burger.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have no clue why but that snack wrap looks really gross to me. I do enjoy their grilled honey mustard snack wrap. That's just 260 calories and 9 grams of fat - not too bad!