1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Own a genuine 1611 KJV...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by BrianT, Jan 12, 2003.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

...for the low, low price of $98,500!

Click to
    view a 1611 KJV on ebay (and scroll down for great pics!)

This is a bargain! It's over $65,000 cheaper than you can purchase it elsewhere (www.greatsite.com). One recently sold at Sotheby's auction house for $400,000. So order your's today! Operators standing by! :D

[ January 12, 2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

2. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

That's cheap compared to the saints who gave their life for a bible. Nowadays people just settle for a different version!

[ January 13, 2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Kal-El ]

3. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

That would make a good investment for a church, in more ways than one.

4. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

I wonder if someone were to auction a new version like the niv or asv or nkjv if anyone would even bid! HA HA HO HO HE HE NAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I would, and I do quite often on places like ebay. In the year 2367, when the NIV is as old as the KJV is now, maybe someone will pay an equivalent amount as is now being paid for a 1611 KJV. [​IMG]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rare books are a good investment, if you have lots of cash. Thankfully, we do not worship a book of paper and ink - or we would be "bibliolaters!" :eek:

7. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Hey Brian I have one I'll sell you! Noone will be looking for an niv then. Shoot I don't know anyone looking for one now!

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thought about getting a new NIV, as I have decided not to get a KJV again. After looking at the KJVO debate, I am not so keen on the KJV. I think the NASB is an excellent choice.

Who Knows maybe in 300 years we will have both the NIVO and the NASBO

9. Pete

Pete New Member

Possibly a forgery.... :D

And to quote from the story on ebay: A typographical error in the Genuine First-Edition, First Issue King James "He" Bible in Ruth 3:15 rendered the pronoun "He" instead of the later corrected "She" in the last sentence of that verse. It probably should be destroyed for that error hmmm? When scribes were copying scrolls they counted each word, letter, etc etc right? [​IMG]

* Pete searches ebay for a bullet-proof vest...Might need one after this post :eek: :D

Pete

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Steve K, that isn't the word of God. You see, your edition (probably the 1769) is different from the original 1611 in many places. One has to be the final authority. One has to be the standard. If it is the 1611, then no one has the word of God today. If it is the 1769, then the word of God didn't exist until then and your bible is based on the corrupt work of the kjv translators.

11. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

ONLY when spelling & puctuation is concerned.The text remains the same..
    According to most on this board, the IS NO final authority anywhere on this earth today or ever was.
    Well, according to the preface of the New King Jimmy Version, it was a "continuation of the work the KJV translators started in 1611.It is (in part) from the KJV,but there is RSV& NASV verses inserted in the text(1st Cor 5:6).

[ January 13, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: JYD ]

12. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. This is ignorance or a rewrite of history. There are so many charts out there that do honest comparisons. Either way, this statement is completely false.

2. Can you run this by me again? The KJV uses the RSV and NASB?

13. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

No, the NKJV has RSV & NASV verses inserted in it's text;it is in part from the TR, only in part..
    I would like to see these so called "charts."

14. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. Okay, your original post said King Jimmy. I thought you meant New King Jimmy. Seeing how that is irrelevant to the discussion though, I missed your point.

2. I will compile several links that should be ample evidence.

15. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

When rock musicians began to slam God in their lyrics a preacher made a profound statement.They won't leave us alone because the Holy Spirit won't leave them alone.It is very evident to me that the very sight of KING JAMES BIBLE just eats at you modern version guys so bad you have to say king jimmy or something of that nature.You cannot disprove the KING JAMES BIBLE by history unless someone has perverted the history. That would be nothing new they have done it with the scripture. So fire away boys you will not sink the ship!The conviction will not go away unless dealt with.[snip]

[Last comment edited. Moderator's fairness, or lack thereof needs to be discussed via PM's]

[ January 13, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Pastor Bob 63 ]

16. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Steve K, the person who said King Jimmy was JYD. JYD is a KJVO person. I merely asked what he meant by that comment. He apparently meant the NKJV.

Posts are not edited unless you call names or violate the rules or ignore what a moderator tells you. Therefore, if you have had a post edited, you broke a rule. If you have a disagreement, settle it in a PM.

17. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All this argument over the KJV?... To each his own that is my preference the KJV!... The written word of God!... IMHO!

Now do any of you brethren want to argue about the Living Word Of God?... Or are there versions of who he is?... I don't think so!... I am God I change not, therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

btw... My KJV was $10.00!

18. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

KAL_EL your bible? or whatever it is is composed of lies and error. Perverted truth from men who dabbled in everything from witchcraft{Wescott and Hort} who by the way have never even claimed to be saved.You claim documentation for your opinion and yet you will not accept documentation from anyone else.The manuscripts that all modern versions are taken from were proved to be corrupted by the writings of Plato and other worldly philosophers by documentation and yet noone on the side of modern versions will accept it. So please do not expect anyone to accept yours.By the way Plato thought that all children should be taken away from their parents until age 18 and be taught morals and principals by the STATE. You got any kids?Do you want to give them to the state to raise?

19. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Can you provide references?

*I* will accept it, if you provide verifiable evidence.

20. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Read letters written by Wescott and Hort they are filled with witchcraft.Brian I have dealt with you before on this issue and when documentation is given you call it a lie so no point in asking for it. Have you ever read anything by Plato? The guy was a sodomite,that's documented history. Some of the men responsible for the writings used in the new versions thought Plato was great and used his material mixed with scripture to put together what are known as modern versions.