1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Page 5: The Case For theExistence of God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by George D. Foss, Oct 23, 2015.

1. George D. Foss

George D. Foss New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Before continuing on with this chapter, it occurred to me that a brief note from me might be helpful. It seems as though submitting to a public forum like this one can be easily misread despite any sincere effort. In my case, this is simply a summation of my thirty years of research. I'm not trying to make a personal point here, only to present the best evidence as I found it hoping it might be of some value to anyone who reads it.

Like hundreds of other authors, many of the thoughts and phrases used in this Treatise were taken directly from other sources without any attempt to cite credit. Most of the sources used here will be found in my bibliography. If, within the text, you happen to discern the identity of the sources used, so be it. This might be construed as plagiarism; not so, because I never set out to deceive or receive credit. Just the opposite! Because of my own shortcomings as a writer, I admit that I have specifically and directly drawn on the thoughts and expertise of other writers to better convey my own thoughts and beliefs. As my be seen from the preface or introduction to almost any reputable work, honorable authors take pleasure in acknowledging the assistance they may have received from the productions or labors of others. The first thing people wish to know about a work like this is who wrote it. Is it original? It does little good to tell them I would like this work to be judged by its content, not by claim of authorship. I am not trying to "toot" my own horn. I present this information freely, and lay no claim to its "originality." Some my say they've seen this before., "There's nothing so special here!" Well, that is always so curious. I didn't invent God's Name, nor its meaning, nor its vertical spelling . . . these have been "secrets" closely held by the Hebrew saints for centuries. In fact, I doubt there is a single "original" thought in all the pages found here! Ecclesiastes said thousand of years ago: "There is nothing new under the sun." The point is, content and ideas are all that really make a difference. Authorship is not what is at stake----it's all about knowing the will of God. As the Bible says, "Test the spirits, to see if they are true." ( I John 4:1-6).

Continuing on!!