1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paid Positions in the Church

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Feb 14, 2004.

1. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

First of all, I was quite clear about retirement. It's found there. I assumed that you had read it and was able to understand it. You're known for your sarcasm around here, so the perception that this was sarcasm again was inevitable. You said, "I have been taught a real man of God can never retire his calling" directly to Jim, so I asked you not to intimate that he is less of a minister because of that. You'll notice that I didn't accuse you of doing so, but asked that you refrain from making the kind of baseless accusations that you make on the Bible Versions forum.

It is quite clear from his post that he has not retired on God at all, and he even invited you to "follow him around" to see his ministry. Black and white there.

And I will remind you that Paul told Timothy to not let anyone despise his youth. No good can come of your last sentence but an ad hominem attack that it prohibited according to the rules of this board. Why do you continue to post if you cannot in good conscience follow the rules that the webmasters have set?

Are all Southern Baptists like this? I know this isn't true, because I know many Southern Baptists who aren't.
    [​IMG] [/QB][/QUOTE]

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Why don't you learn to differentiate between a position and a calling? Why don't you obey the desires and wishes of the moderator of this forum not to bleed over into other threads from other sections? And no you weren't "quite" all that clear and my question was in the public domain for anyone to respond, nothing individually directed as you have so often and otherwise presumed.
    I'll have to ask you to re-interpet this statement, it appears contradictory in essence, also tainted with the usual three pronged pitch fork.
    As is my response to his suggestion, of which Jim has yet to reply, so back off and let the man of God speak for himself and keep the garbage out of the conversation.
    I do hope everyone else has viewed your response, and out of line altogether with the topic, falsely accusing me again and again. You still presume way too much, Scott, that is where you err. Maybe in response to the above quote I should have just said, "Ditto", but I felt necessary to open the eyes of the innocent to your devices.

May I not be misunderstood by what I am about to say, I know this will be hard for you, Scott, but I am sincere: I am really glad your church is able to provide for you the comfortable situation and the security afforded at the expense of others, but please don't misrepresent your church home in such a brash way by the continual hatred for your brethren in Christ, all base upon your inability to accept people just being different.
    I'm doing my best to be straight forward with you, Scott, and avoiding being what you constantly accuse me fo being sarcastic, but that also could be your way of refuting my post and trying to appeal to the moderators in the attempt to censure what you fail to understand or just disagree.

This topic is a legitimate discussion, so please let it continue as that and keep your malicious attitude out of it, Thank You

Brother Ricky

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

See what I mean?

Sigh. The facts are that you make baseless accusations in the other forum, and I just called you on that. If the moderators wish to change that, they are more than welcome to. I respect their decisions, and their rules.

From a few posts up:

So tell me how one "retires" on God?</font>[/QUOTE]Three evidences that it was addressed to me. I was quoted specifically. There was a specific question following that quotation. The phrasing "so tell me" makes it clear.

Reinterpret my own statement? Haha.

It is because the response to Jim was black and white that I exhorted you not to continue in the baseless accusations that we've seen on other boards.

I'm sure they have. I don't know what you have been falsely accused of - everything is based from reality.

As you can see above, the presumption is logical. If you had wanted others to answer, you would have undoubtedly had altered the words of your question.

They've seen what you've been involved with in the last two months. I am convinced that the moderators have noticed as well.

I am quite able to accept those who are different, with different cultural backgrounds, religious affiliations, socioeconomic backgrouds, and so on. I have not shown one ounce of hatred towards anyone on this board, but instead have called sarcasm for what it is - something that destroys the body of Christ.

Sarcasm is what it is. It is to be noticed that no one has refuted anything saying, "Oh, he's not being sarcastic." I refute points using points, and I refute sarcasm and other objectionable behavior by calling it what it is.

I'm not the one who offered the inflammatory "how does one 'retires' on God," when I clearly showed what it was that I was retiring from.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Inquisitive. You've tried to add the spark and make it inflammatory. I will immediately report your post and leave it up to the moderators to decide since you cannot remian on topic.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the time being until Murph and I can sort this thread out I am closing it. We will open it back up if and when we get the time to deal with it.