1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pakistan frees pro-Taliban leader, makes peace with group

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 21, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

1 hour ago -PESHAWAR, Pakistan

Pakistan freed a pro-Taliban cleric and quickly signed an accord with his hard-line group Monday, the first major step by the new government to talk peace with Islamic militants and break with President Pervez Musharraf's policy of using force.

The day's developments began with the release of Sufi Muhammad, who is believed in his 70s, after more than five years in custody following his dispatch of thousands of followers to fight in Afghanistan.

THE REST OF THE STORY

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Pakistani ISI and our very own CIA helped to create Al Qeada and the Taliban. It's all on the official record. So who's quiltier for releasing terrorists on the world...us or them?

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

The CIA helped arm Afghan locals who opposed the Soviets. Support was funneled through Pakistan's ISI, who decided which Afghan factions to arm and train.

The US did not create Al Qaeda. They were foreign Arabs who had their own sources of funding, as confirmed by Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in his book Knights Under the Prophet's Banner. He wrote -

"The United States did not give one penny in aid to the Arab mujahideen."