1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin booed for mentioning Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 30, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about a rough start to one's campaign.

Palin booed for mentioning Hillary Clinton

WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) This might not be the best way to reach out to those disillusioned Hillary Clinton supporters.

In just her second appearance on the campaign trail with John McCain, newly-minted GOP running mate Sarah Palin was showered with boos on Saturday for attempting to praise Clinton’s trail-blazing bid to become the first female president.

As she did at in her debut speech in Ohio yesterday, Palin appealed to the women in the crowd here in Pennsylvania with a political shout-out to Geraldine Ferraro, who preceded Palin as the first women to be tapped as a vice presidential candidate. The reference was met with polite applause.

But in contrast with the mild reception that greeted the comment at the Ohio event, when Palin praised Clinton here for showing “determination and grace in her presidential campaign,” the Alaska governor was met with a noisy mix of boos, groans and grumbles around the minor league ballpark where the “Road to the Convention Rally” was held.

- http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/30/palin-booed-for-mentioning-hillary-clinton/

2. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

and she Called Hillary a whiner go figure

it was polite applause, I think the crowd wanted red meat Ken, her shrill voice or heightened voice did not help her much, not her fault but it seems she is weighed down without a message. McCain picked sweet ideologue over attack ideologue

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow. Ken must be really scared, as he continues to spam the BB with anti McCain / Palin threads one after another.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Before the November election Ken will surely switch to someone else. He is America's most fickle citizen. What happened to Barr-Root? Did I miss something?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I suspect he is trying, in part, to make a point,
    Do you remember all the Obama rumour threads by numerous other posters?

#5 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what did all of the anti-Obama threads mean?

Hey, webdog, if you don't like my threads then you are welcomed to not read them and by all means you don't havde to post in them.

#6 KenH, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I don't see that happening.

2) I helped get the best Libertarian Party candidate available who will draw votes away from Senator McCain. It worked out well if you ask me. :)

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good point Ken, has the polls been figuring in the 3rd party candidates or just asking about the two main?