1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin has NO credentials to be VP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Aug 31, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

She doesn't even have a clue about what the job entails. She's obviously a token woman. That's more insulting than not having a woman on the ticket at all.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

She's been a mayor of a city and governor of a state...what providence has Obama ran?

I see you, Ken and LeBuick are on your liberal tear to get your man in...

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Naw, just to keep your man (and woman) out...

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why a pastor would vote and strongly endorse a pro murder candidate is beyond me.

5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Wow, something else we agree on!

Obama is pro-baby murder. How can any Christian vote for Him??

In regards to Governor Palin, she is an ACTIVE Christian (rather than the "lip service" politicians out there) who is STAUNCHLY pro-life; in fact, she refused an abortion, even though she knew her child would be born severely handicapped!

She is an AWESOME woman, more experienced by far than Obama (Obama has NO executive experience), and is the ONLY reason I am considering voting for McCain, rather than Chuck Baldwin of the Constiution party.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have too many suffering in the congregation because of this economy. I have even taken a pay cut. We can hardly pay for the heat in the winter and won't consider running the AC in the summer.

While all this is happening I see CEO's getting big bonuses for failed companies. The government giving tax breaks to send American jobs overseas. My mother's Medicare is so that she can't afford her medicines.

Where I would love to base my vote exclusively on Abortion, I noticed we have other issues impacting just as many if not more people to also consider.

EDITED to Add... I endorse obama because I listened to his economic plan and chose to try it and ending the war over more struggling...

He may not succeed, but at least he has a different direction for us to go. McCain would be more of the suffering I listed above. No matter how he distances himself from Bush, it will be more of the conservative philosophy and views in his direction. That is the change people are wanting. We want those promised profits to start trickling down to our level or tax the heck out of those at the top.

#6 LeBuick, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Social conservatives have acquired somewhat of a reputation of advocating a public policy in which life begins at conception and ends at birth.

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I think Jesus made it fairly clear that protecting Children is our #1 Non-Ministry related cause...

People not having the 52 inch T.V., is REALLY not a priority in scripture...

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

First I heard this, do you have proof she is an active Christian?

Which means she also has more executive experience than McCain. Unfortunately, he will be the President and not her.

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

http://www.lifenews.com/nat4232.html

Pay attention to the part about her downs syndrome baby> that is faith in action!

But McCain has leadership experience from other fields, such as the Military, and FAR more experience dealing with world leaders...

Joe Biden, Obama's running mate, questioned Obama's lack of experience extensively, before being chose as His running mate.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the democrat nominee fro president doesn't have the credentials to be president, why worry about the credentials of a VP nominee of any party?:BangHead:

12. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So you call a town of 6,000 a city?

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

How can a Christian support continued unjust war in Iraq? Hunderds of thousands of innocent Iraqis MURDERED including women and children. We have to stop this American World Supremacy madness now.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Don't forget, she was in the PTA...

Ans she has a son going to Iraq so we know she'll make a good commander n chief.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct.

Compared to Obama's, these are outstanding qualifications.

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I'm sure Governor Palin is a fine woman and a good mother. The problem is that with McCains health concerns and his age, Ms. Palin is more likely that normal of having to fill the office of the President. I don't think she is a good pick for this and I think a majority of the voters will agree.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

We as a country are in sad shape if these are our best candidates... :laugh: :jesus:

18. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

What unjust war would that be? OHHHH, the one that stopped hundreds of thousands of murders, stopped the hundreds of woman being shuffled through rape rooms, as well as cutting off funding to terrorist cells...

Yeah, we wouldn't want to put a stop to any of that...:rolleyes:

19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Look, Karl Rove joined the BB! :laugh:

Just kidding.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're speaking of McCain and Obama, I half heartedly agree.

They are the candidates, not necessarily the best ones. Our political system is not about "best", it's about politics.

The country is in good shape, as a whole....

unless you're a liberal.