1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin in the Oval Office in '12?????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by blackbird, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

There's a stark difference between pounding one's chest and bowing down and kissing the behind of a regime and a religion that are morally bankrupt.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So not saying anything is now described as "bowing down and kissing the behind of a regime and a religion that are morally bankrupt"?

Interesting... :BangHead:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Make sure I know who she is on the ballot, she sounds like what we need to redeem the face of America and to bring our troops home.

Heck, I'll throw in my favorite swatter if she doesn't have one. :laugh:

4. targus

targus New Member

Isn't that what both Clintons did?

They each gave up their elected office to take something that they wanted to do instead.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    bam!...........................

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Ahh, so the Clinton's did it, so that makes it OK?

The day we start measuring people's actions by those of the Clinton's will be a sad, sad day.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who said it was OK? Who even implied it?

8. matt wade

You did with your "bam". It's very easy to read your "bam" as "See, the Clinton's did it, so why is there a problem with Palin doing it?"

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I didn't and no its not. And no one on this board said it was ok because the Clintons did it. What has been said and I agreed with is that they did it. So has to many others. But libbies want to make this look like it is isolated to a conservative named Palin. That should be obvious.

10. targus

targus New Member

Thank you, that was my point exactly.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I agree 100%. If a Senator, Congress person, Governor, etc, wishes to run for President or vice president they must resign their current position at the start of the campaign.

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I can't agree with that statement. When Fox News' reigning queen of gossip Greta Van Susteren went to see Palin in Alaska, after the campaign was over, Palin spent the entire interview in the kitchen cooking. As if she did not have thirty minutes to sit down for an interview. She was clearly pandering to stay-at-home moms (etc). She can't seem to stop pandering. Maybe that is what makes her a wonderful politican? I don't know, don't care, and don't like it.

In my opinion, the Republican Party would be crazy to nominate Palin for President. I just don't think she cannot win a national election. In fact, I predict that she will run and, like former Vice President Dan Quayle, she will not make it out of the Republican primaries. She may have been a great Governor for the state of Alaska before she walked away. However that does not mean she is POTUS material. I don't care how conservative she is.

==In my opinion Pelosi is one of the worst politicians in DC. She is the bottom of the barrel.

==I don't care why she resigned. She made an obligation to the people of Alaska and she failed to make good on that obligation (and not for the first time). Where I come from if you make an obligation you keep it. The only excuse for not keeping an obligation is physical or mental illness or a situation that you simply have no control over. She can't claim any of that. Therefore she broke her word to the people of Alaska.

#72 Martin, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==You are correct, but two wrongs don't make a right.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If Governor Palin is going to run for president she has done the honorable thing by resigning. Sarah Palin is a genuine American; that is what terrifies the democrats since they are unable to understand.

#75 OldRegular, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  16. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==She should finish out her term as Governor before running for President. Why? She made a commitment to Alaska and should fulfill her commitment. However if she is going to run for president before the end of her term as Governor, and I strongly suspect she is, she should step down as governor when her presidential campaign begins. By doing that she is still not fulfilling her commitment to the state of Alaska. She is going back on her word. She is young. If she wants to run for President she should wait until her term as Governor is over.

She has already broken her word. After all in 2008 she ran for Vice President with McCain. Her, McCain, Obama, and Biden, all were being paid by the tax payers of their states to perform jobs they are not performing because they were too busy campaigning. They all took salaries they had not earned. Maybe where some folks come from that is fine, but where I come from it is called being dishonest.

People from both political parties are going to take issue with that, but facts are facts. If we did what they did we would be fired from our jobs and maybe even taken to court.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not remember anyone complaining of any word being broken during Obama's campaign or anyone conservative or otherwise. Obama is as big a quitter as Palin if that is the standard.

18. matt wade

You are correct sir. They both did not fulfil their obligations before moving on to other things.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Right or wrong it is a common practice in politics.

20. matt wade

Abortion is common practice in this country, but I'll still stand up and say it's wrong as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.