1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin Smears only Prop Her Up!!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 6, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems that the Democrats would have been quick to see that their attempts to SMEAR Sarah only props her up in the eyes of more and more women, family groups and Christians.

My suggestion to Obama and Friends: Stop the Smear Campaign and get to discussing the issues that Americans want to hear.

If Sarah can't juggle her family and the Veep responsibilities, than it could be that Obama may be unable to handle the POTUS and his family? Let's "move on" folks....Americans aren't stupid! They want to know just how the POTUS can get this nation back on the track to success, and prosperity.:wavey:

Pastor Paul :type:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. The VP candidates play second fiddle. I think we have now all discussed Sarah Palin and Joe Biden enough in this forum.

Hence forward, if the pro-McCain/Palin folks will stop posting starting threads about Sarah Palin, then the pro-Obama/Biden folks should stop posting threads about her as
    well. :thumbs:

The same should go for threads pro/con about Joe Biden. :thumbs:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You obviously didn't see the RNC this week...

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong...I Watched Both

I watched both the DNC and the RNC and it seems to me that both sides took ample time "smearing" the other side. The Democrats were equally nasty when they talked about Bush and McCain.

As a proud American, I happen to believe that "W" did a pretty good job leading this nation. One thing that most liberals forget is that we have not been attacked since 9/11. I also follow history, and economics seem to have a 8 to 10 cycle, or year life span. This means that Bush inherited an economy that was about to falter, and he did his best to keep it going. Clinton's economic plan was on the edge of destruction when he left office.

It is not his fault that there were "sharks" in the home loan industry. Sharks that wrote many bad loans in the name of making a buck at the expense of others. Katrina had many people to point fingers at, and the WMD's would have been found if we wouldn't have taken 6 months to invade Iraq.

Bush was a good president, and considering all the corruption in Washington, he did a decent job. But, this is all IMHO...

Pastor Paul:type:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't think Obama has anything to loose, those who are propped up by his "smears" weren't voting for him either way.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No way Jose, the DNC wasn't close to the RNC. Especially Rudy. That guy was over the top.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's Why They Had Him Speak?

They [the RNC] did well in chosing him; right?
    :laugh:

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I can say he pulled no punches but those speeches really conflicted with McCain's speech if you watched them all with an open mind. McCain spoke of unity and both sides working together which was in sharp contrast to everyone else.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

I agree with you.

However, (and we could argue whether this is healthy or not), traditionally, the VP candidate has been the "attack dog." It's true for Biden, and apparently for Palin as well.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Agreed, but that is politics as usual and thumbs its nose at us to then say, "but we bring change..." Who do they think is buying that story...?