1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin VP Pick Not Guaranteed to Earn McCain Female Voters

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/30/palin-vp-pick-not-guaranteed-to-earn-mccain-female-voters/

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't think most American women voters are so shallow as to be moved only by the gender of the candidate.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

As I posted in another thread, I have some in my Church that are insulted at the thought.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think the selection had more to do with her conservative viewpoint than being a woman.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You are probably correct, but I think her being a woman was viewed by McCain as being a plus.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that being conservative was the reason, being female was the icing on the cake.

There are some women who will vote for McCain simply because of a female on the ticket. I also believe that many Dems will vote for McCain simply because Obama is black.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hate to admit it but I know your right on both points... We have come a long way though which makes me understand why Michelle was so proud of her country...

What's even worse is they will hide their prejudices behind excuses like, "she has executive experience" or "he has no experience". Now they can accept a first term Governor with a 4 year degree in journalism but won't accept the top of a Harvard law class...

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I have voted for both blacks and females in the past - but they were conservative - In fact I pulled the lever on the CONSERVATIVE PARTY LINE.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yes, some will vote this way no doubt; however, it is possible that some Hillary supporters might be a little insulted. They might think that McCain believes they were more concerned getting Hillary, a woman, elected than they are with the issues. Also, most of the female Hillary supporters have been pro-choice. Since Palin is diametrical opposed to this belief, I don't think there will be as many Hillary voters crossing over because of Palin as some might think.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I please correct you, Hillary is not Pro choice, she is Pro-abortion. What I dont understand, is why Hillary is dametricaly opposed to the gift of life?
    for reference see L.E.F.T.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

i don't see Hillary referenced in the link you provided.