1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paltalk

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by christianyouth, Jul 4, 2007.

1. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

I've been using a program called paltalk and I highly recommend it to people who enjoy a good debate and edifying Christian discussion. It is a voice chat program, with various categories, politics, religion, et cetera. Message boards place time limitations for debating, and sometimes put a lot of hassel into fellowshipping(if your a slow type).

You can download the client for free at http://paltalk.com

Enjoy!

P.S. The only con to this would be the advertisements. At the bottom of each page is ads, sometimes they contain immoral pictures. In the past someone told me a simple way to stop the ads, but with this newer version I am not sure if it is possible.

one last note, there is a baptist room on paltalk called Baptist Sanity, but it is poorly moderated, so if you would be interested in starting a baptist voice chat room on Paltalk, just give me a message. Paltalk name is Honestseeker89 .

2. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

Am familiar with Paltalk.

The ads can still be stopped by going to your Start Button,
    Click Control Panel
    Click Internet Options
    Click Security Tab
    Click Restricted Sites icon
    Click Sites button

Add the following line:
    advertising.paltalk.com
    Click OK
    Click OK

Voila! no more of those immoral ads! Just the silent ad trying to sell paltalk blue or green names. No hassel.

As to Baptist Sanity, I am all to familiar with that room. Provs is the owner. And you are right, people should try to steer away if possible.