1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pampered Chef?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had this forwarded to me. Anybody heard about this?

2. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Haven't heard about it, but I think anyone who puts principles above money is to be commended. The trouble here is: there may soon be few places to work! By the way, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Buffett also by Zondervon, a major producer of Bibles and Christian literature? :(

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

OOPs! That was Rupert Murdoch, sorry. But some of his media companies it is said produce some content on TV and movies that is very objectionable.

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Which is why I'm glad I work for Family Christian Stores! Dave Browne our president, is a man of strong faith. He sends us a devotional every day in which he writes his own prayers and at our last meeting (to a group of warehouse workers mind you) stood up and claimed his faith in Jesus Christ and told the staff about Jesus Christ.

5. legalsec2504

legalsec2504 New Member

I checked this out on Snopes.Com

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/buffett.asp

Apparently it was true, but isn't anymore.

Also Buffet's company owns Fruit of the Loom, Dairy Queen and Geico Insurance, among others - he also owns a very large percentage of Coca Cola - according to the Snopes article.

So everybody better go check their underwear drawers to make sure that there is no Fruit of the Loom underwear - go yank that Coca Cola you were going to drink this Fourth of July out of the refrigerator...

Honestly - how many of the people that are soooooo pro-life volunteer at Unwed Mother Shelters - or spend their time at adoption agencies or mentor teenage girls to help them learn about the value of "True Love Waits" or any of 100 other things a person can do to prevent abortion - other than standing on their soapbox and waving the Bible around....

Jill

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was younger this was a popular figure of speech denoting those who proclaimed the Word of God in public places.

What's wrong with that?

HankD

7. legalsec2504

legalsec2504 New Member

When I was younger this was a popular figure of speech denoting those who proclaimed the Word of God in public places.

What's wrong with that?

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hank, there's nothing wrong with proclaiming the word of God. But what about putting actions with our words. Instead of only pointing out the sin - help the sinner.

Jill

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you put it that way, I agree. [​IMG]

HankD