1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pants in a Can

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by James_Newman, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I know what can and can't means. I just have never heard of a church that has dress codes.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I guess I hurt everyones feelings.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

well James, if you think showing your belly button isn't immodest, have at it. I don't really care what you do.

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Is that what your going to tell the girls in the youth group?

5. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Not a bad idea, really. At least at that point you could discuss modesty as opposed to dress code. Now, please...call me wishy-washy...actually being familiar with PastorSBC1303 and his church, I'd love to be in the same company.

I am curious at what point for you mini-skirts outranks name calling? Certainly immodesty is not biblical, but niether is the character you are displaying in this discussion. I know, I know, you can be proud that you have hurt people's feelings...just becareful...in this discussion of clothing, I have to tell you that your fruit is showing.

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I know we all have our biases here and seem to be aligning with the folks that share our worldview. However, may I point out that it would not appear that PastorSBC is here to answer the questions presented in this thread rather he would appear to be here to "pull our chains" and call those who have standards to be placing folks into "legalistic bondage". This is the divide that is being discussed here, the difference between what one side calls "wishy-washy" and the other side calls "legalistic bondage". Let's lick our wounds, move on and focus on the discussion at hand, without the drunken humor and chain pulling.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Rufus,

You and I will have to disagree with each other on this one. I believe James was much more caustic in his remarks.

But, we'll agree to disagree.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

One post I had way back on this thread was intended to "pull some chains" and I admitted that.

However, please show me one question that James asked that I did not address. He just couldn't deal with the answers and had to restort to school yard tactics. When in reality he would never address my questions, just simply ignored them, and called names. At that point I decided addressing him was no longer worth my time. Then he gave a half-hearted "I am sorry, but I am still right and yall just need to get over" speech to try and make it look better.

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What was your response to the original post?

10. PastorSBC1303

If you don't know the answer to that, you have not read very well.

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I guess I haven't and I guess I still can't as I don't see it.

12. PastorSBC1303

There ya go Rufus. Hope that helps ya out. :wavey:

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

OP =

Your Answer =

The OP did not contain a list of do's and don'ts. Your "entire point" does not answer the original questions.

Perhaps if it was put in different terms...A NFL cheerleader walks into your church dressed in nothing but paint. How do you address this person and what is the scripture that you will use to support your decision to the congregation?

14. PastorSBC1303

According to you it doesn't.

My answer to the OP and any other questions still stands. Now if you don't like it or disagree that is completely fine. You are more than welcome to do that.

Scripture does not give us a list of do's and don'ts. Therefore, you cannot address each of these "possible scenarios" as if Scripture does.

Again, if you want a list of do's and don'ts, that is completely your right. Just do not try to hold me, my church or anyone else accountable to it.

Furthermore, if a NFL cheerleader walked into our church in any attire, I would hope that our church would welcome her and be interested in her salvation, not what she had on.

15. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Very well. You've stated your position as being a proponent of any form of nakedness and that the Bible is silent on this issue. Now perhaps we can return this thread to the question of spandex.

16. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

It is interesting to see how often people would rather discuss spandex than salvation.

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I believe you can wear spandex and be saved. I'm just not sure its modest. That is what the discussion is supposed to be about, modesty. I would love to discuss salvation with you. I am participating in a thread on eternal security right now. I'd be willing to bet that many of those who believe the bible doesn't teach anything about modesty would also believe that they could judge the cheerleaders salvation by her 'fruit' that was showing. Obviously anyone dressed 'immodestly' would have to be unsaved, because the Holy Spirit would convict a saved person (just not always with the same convictions).

18. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

This is a Christian message board is it not? Do you not have salvation down or is there something you'd like to talk about? Start a new thread and I'll participate.

In the meantime, this thread is about santification and living holy, separated lives. Why murmur about such a topic?

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

He never said that and you know it.

It's really classy to lie.

I'm not a proponent of any form of lying, and neither is God.

Shame on you.

20. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Oh stop...He said the Bible doesn't have a list of do's and don'ts relative to what people wear. He further stated, that he would do nothing about a naked woman coming into the Lord's House of Worship accept welcome her.