1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Parallel of RC/KJVO

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Aug 26, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:I didn't say this robycop, you did, and many others have. I have never said this. What I have said, and will continue to stand by, is what God has preserved in the English scriptures for generations of English speaking believers, that the correct and accurate word in our English language in Acts 12:4 is Easter.

In older days, it was correct...but in the list of Holy Days, in the AV 1611, the translators presented THEIR definition of Easter...and they do NOT mention Passover in this list. It was NOT correct when the AV was made.

And again...It wasn't GOD who "preserved" Easter...it was written by the AV translators, and is plainly incorrect.

2. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    roby:The KJV is an English Bible translation, made by men, same as any other valid translation. And you just said the KJV changes pascha, as written by Luke.....

Michelle:I didn't say this robycop, you did, and many others have. I have never said this.

Michelle:To which God preserved as "Easter" in our English language scriptures. Easter is not passover. Therefore pasha is not passover in this verse.

Caught ya in another false statement!

WHO changed pascha from Passover in this verse, when LUKE clearly meant PASSOVER? It sure wasn't GOD, who'd caused Luke to write PASCHA.

Yes, KJVO shares some traits w/RCC...and one of 'em is blind belief in man-made theories and silly fables.

3. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    And again...It wasn't GOD who "preserved" Easter...it was written by the AV translators, and is plainly incorrect.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are wrong robycop. It is not man who preserves the word of God, it is God who preserves his word through man.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ISN'T.
    is.
    ISN'T.
    is.
    ISN'T.
    is.
    ISN'T.
    is.

Five pages?

HankD

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:You are wrong robycop. It is not man who preserves the word of God, it is God who preserves his word through man.

And He preserved pascha through Luke, and Passover in today's language.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Hank. Trying to talk to certain people is useless as talking to a baseball after it's thrown. I continue only for the sake of the newbies who might actually BELIEVE some of this codwallop if we don't show it's false.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To finish up, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but several of the the titular heads (and their "bishops") of the Church of England were fond of killing and maiming anabaptists for their opposition to the heresies of the Church (infant baptism-baptismal regeneration) and their "eccliastic corruption" of the Word of God.

One man had his nose split and ears cut off for his objection to the word "bishop".

Others spent a year in prison for opposing the inclusion of the apocrypha in the "Holy Bible" ("We ought to obey God rather than men").

In this the Church of England followed in the footsteps of the parent Church, the Church of Rome.

Likewise some KJVO who have passed this way have consigned us all to hell.

HankD

8. David J

David J New Member

Like RCC VOism KJVOism will vanish away in the sands of church history! May that day be soon!

The die hard KJVO refuses to see the truth. Only through prayer will the truth be revealed to these types of people. How do I know this? I used to be one of those types of KJVOist.

9. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having reached well into the fifth page, this thread is officially closed.