1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Parallels between the Essenes teachings and Jesus teachings?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jul 2, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I stumbled across this site here which claims that what Jesus taught was not new at all and that the Essenes taught the same stuff already decades before Jesus, is this true? If this is really true then I would say we have a huge problem. :(

http://www.thenazareneway.com/essene_and_christian_parallels.htm

This stuff is really becoming too much for me, nearly every single day I get upset because of something like this, why doesn't God simply appear to me then everything would be fine, I would never have to worry about such things again and could finally enjoy life instead of struggling with such claims. I'm so sick of this multi front battle. One day it's about the authenticity of the bible, then it's about the canon, then it's about Jesus, then it's about evolution, then it's about archaelogy and it simply never ends! What kind of life is this? The only time when I get some rest is when I sleep. That's a great life, really. It's so ridiculous, like in a bad movie. While I'm struggling with such stuff which makes me pull my hair out other christians are happy and full of peace and joy and don't even worry about such things because they experience God unlike me. Some become christians and everything becomes better and others become christians and all the problems begin.And when I listen to sermons and hear how others experience God all the time and how they get prayers answered then it's totally depressing. All christians seem to be doing so well. Nobody has problems or doubts, no. They're all doing totally fine.... I cannot stand this stuff anymore. Hearing how others talk about how they enjoy being a christian and how they enjoy God's love is like a punch in the stomach.

#1 xdisciplex, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2006
  2. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

It is so sad that you cannot accept the message of love and salvation that God has given mankind through His grace. And, it is so sad that to look upon expressions of pleasure in God's love as a punch in the stomach.

I have known people to express doubts as they experience Christian growth, but never have I seen the depth of depression nor lack of faith by someone who has come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. Are you actually expecting your readers to answer your questions of faith -- or to question their own faith?

If the latter, again so sad. My own desire would be that you find the peace that does pass understanding (or explaining!) as you grow as in a Christian life that offers everything God has promised. And, nothing can separate us from the love of God, in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Once again; I know exactly how he feels. Christians often put on this unrealistically cheery front, and you wonder what's wrong with you. What makes it far worse, is as I have found, when you read/listen to teachings (by leaders who are often among that polyanna class), they tell you how hard the Christian life is, and how you have to struggle to develop that "peace" or "cheerful attitude". Even people like Joyce Meyers, who everyone thinks is all "prosperity" and no cross emphasizes this "hardness", all wrapped up in this sugary sounding "victory" language.

The truth is, is; is often a front, as they will all admit at other times that they do struggle.

Then, with all the other teachings and disputes that just go on and on; I sometimed despair of why God doesn't come and fix it already. So what the guy needs is not to hhave his salvation questioned. Maybe his questions are a "test" from God for us. (being that that is the explanation we give for many problems).