1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Parents face court action

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mcdirector, Mar 7, 2009.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

It probably is true. I read a while back about school children being taken to a homosexual wedding without the parents' consent, or even giving the parents a chance to refuse permission for their children to go. You never know what they're doing to your children on these "educational school outings"

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The parents, who objected to the lessons on moral and religious grounds, said the content was more appropriate to secondary age pupils.
    Pervez Latif, whose children Saleh, ten, and Abdur-Rahim, nine, attend the school, said he knew of up to 30 withdrawals from the lessons.
    The 41-year-old accountant said Christian and Muslim parents had objected to the theme linked to Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender History Month.
    ‘We as parents did not receive any guidance that this was going to happen,’ he added. ‘There was just a newsletter mentioning the week and that certain themes would be taught.
    ‘I didn’t want my children to be learning about this. I wrote a letter to the chairman of the governors explaining that I would be taking my children out of school and he wrote back saying that there was no other option.
    ‘If I am faced with court action, then I will just explain that these are my views. It was also very difficult explaining to my nine- and ten-year-old boys why they were being removed from school.
    ‘I found it difficult to explain topics such as homosexual relationships at such a young age.’

---------------
    Good to see some moral grounds on which Christians and Muslims can stand together to resist the intrusion of government.

--------------------
    One comment:
    and another
    Sounds like concerns and sentiments expressed on the BB. Eh?:thumbsup:

4. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While that is in England & they have a different set of laws than we do, The parents should have the right to pull their kids out of school or class when they choose without being harrassed by school or government officals.

I wish that parents could send a message to the public schools. If they were to keep their kids at home, the schools would lose money for every student who is not in class. Just imagine what kind of an effect it would have if every parent kept their child home for an entire week. I guess it would be a boycott of public schools. That's why you always hear talk of "its important to be in school". The only reason they are saying that is so the school board can make more money. That's all our chilrdren are to them is nothing more than a dollar sign. What would they do? Prosecute each & every parent who keeps their child out of school?