1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PARIS BURNS: Riot police fire tear gas as 30,000 protestors

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Nov 24, 2018.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. It's very, very rare. You may be believing fake news, which is all too typical here as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just going to bump this thread because it's still going on, and the lid's blowing off the top of it in Paris today:

Worst riot in a decade engulfs Paris; Macron vows action

they're calling it the worst riot there in over a decade, and the French government doesn't seem to hesitate before using tear gas and grenades on their own people. This is what Macron wants an EU military for, to fight the French.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This whole story is very rich in irony.

The French are rioting against the government which is trying to raise money to keep paying for their. nanny state. Freeloaders always think the money for all the "free stuff" just appears out of nowhere. Then you add all the migrants that are now freeloading off the nanny system and a tax is needed to fund all the "freebies"...so they recipients of the "free stuff" riot.

It's hilarious. I wonder if all the snowflakes that are so enamored of a "free stuff" system are paying attention.

4. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw that on the news. The Protest was originally by truckers as the price of diesel was hiked. Then ordinary drivers joined in and now the right wing and left wing thugs have taken over tearing up paving slabs and using them as weapons. In many of their protests it is the Catholic priests leading them, like the pproposed eduction reforms a few years ago. Not saying that applies this time, but you never know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Think" isn't evidence.

8. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What nany state is that? Their health service is very expensive. A neighbour of ours in the 1990's, a farmer, whose wife was ill, said her treatment in hospital cost them two years profit. It is a insurance based system and as such is very inefficient.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief! That number is close but I did not document it. You did even less than I did. UK is such a police state with May.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2018-12-3_5-19-22.jpeg

Paris clean-up begins: Graffiti is removed from Arc de Triomphe after protests | Daily Mail Online

11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should have known that Loki would be involved in this![​IMG]
    Worst riot in a decade engulfs Paris; Macron vows action

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do French truck drivers wear yellow safety vests? Although some truck drivers around here wear yellow or orange vests, most do not.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I heard that it's required by French law.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Must be the insurance companies. One truck driver this morning told me that some of the big companies force their drivers to wear safety vests. Some big companies put cameras in the cabs of semis so that the driver is on video inside the cab all the time. One driver told me that he was quitting a company that installing cameras in all cabs.

15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear that the mainstream media has been avoiding reporting that the protest is over high gas taxes DUE TO overzealous environmental policies.

Apparently they just recently removed the tax.

Macron and his liberal anti-nationalist agenda has earned him about a 25% approval rating. More Trumpian effect? There may be hope for change in the European nations yet...

• Like Like x 1
  16. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The French are a revolutioonary country just as the USA is.
    All drivers in France have to carry yellow safety vests. They also have to be in reach to don them if you have to get out of the vehicle in the road. English drivers have been fined for not having them in reach. Car drivers have to have them for all passengers. You also have to carry a first aid kit, a government authorised breatheliser, safety triagle, I can't remember if it is one or two, but we have two as that is the law in Spain. We have to have headlight adapters to deflect our lights. Although most enlish drivers don't. Continental drivers should have them for our country, but I have never seen them using them. It is said that if you have an accident and you don't have headlight adapters you will not be insured.

17. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamine Cauchy who has been described as a spokesman for the protesters said he has had hundreds of death threats from other protesters as it is supposed to be a spontaneous movement with no organisation. It began with a spontaneous protest by truck drivers, we call them lorry drivers, in Scotland waggon drivers. Then other motorists joined in then the anarchists pitched in turning a peaceful protest into a war against thje government.

It is not overzealous enviromental concerns, that caused the tax rises.
    In the past the French goverment encouraged diesel cars by giving them lower tax than petrol, as it gave more miles per gallon or km per litre. So most French cars are diesel. However diesel gives much more polution with soot and and other particulates. Causing major heath problems in big cities with many deaths.So the price of diesel was hiked to encourage people to change. LPG (In France GPL) is much cheaper. I have also seen charging points for electric cars in a hypermarket car park there which I have not seen in any of our supermarkets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks! We don't have all those rules. I have a blanket and flashlights and small tools. I only drive one hindred miles a week and it is here in the suburbs. I used to carry a first aid kit.

What is a headlight adapter?

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist