1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paris Hilton saved?

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by webdog, Jun 14, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I talked to my mother today, and she stated she heard on the news yesterday Paris Hilton was saved in jail. I can't seem to find anything on the net (I don't want to search through all of the smut). Anybody else hear this, or have a source?

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article never says she was saved. Many lost people feel like God has given them a "second chance."

If she has truly been saved, the entire world will notice the difference. If not, she'll just be back to business as usual.

I hope she does get saved. She could be a powerful influence to many young girls.

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

I read an article about it on AOL yesterday. Although some jailhouse conversions are true, most are for sympathy for parole favors.

I am not going to say Paris did not get saved, but the article brings doubt.

I read another article that said she turned to the virgin mary for salvation. If that is the case, then she is not saved.

5. His Blood Spoke My Name

6. His Blood Spoke My Name

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Just from what little I have heard it sounds more like she has found spirituality in the form of religion. It was said that she had a spiritual adivsor and I've never heard that in conjunction with anything other than something new agish.

8. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is probably just like when people thought Brittney was saved, because she went to an altar in a Southern Baptist church. People lik this, it is usually just a nostalgic thing, and they quickly turn to other religions, which they see as equal, or the next thing to dabble into.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My prayers are and have been for a long time that she and that culture that she represents comes to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

However, this isn't it.

All people, both Christians and non-Christians, when they find themselves at the rock bottom of the fetid pit of self-indulgence of their own making, cry "Remorse! Remorse!"

Remorse isn't the same as repentance.

I pray the she is repentant.

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I sure wish it were true, but I remember the miraculous conversion of Hanoi Jane too.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I had heard the same claims. My reaction is that her behavior will tell the true story. Let's see if she is changed, let's see if she is a new creation in Christ, after she is released from jail. Somehow I doubt we will see her become the next Kirk Cameron. I pray that she does come to the Lord one day.

12. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

It seems like a typical foxhole conversion. People run to God when they get into trouble but quickly forget about Him when things blow over. It seems that most of the time these Hollywood types turn to god, not God, and definitely not Christ. I think the moment of truth will be when she gets out of jail. How often will we hear her proclaim the name of Jesus Christ and not some generic New Age"god".