1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Parrish sucker-punched Laimbeer

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Apr 28, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] Oh Tim, you do make me laugh. You are wrong, but you do make it funny. [​IMG]

Come on, lets not get crazy. You make it sound like Laimbeer was one of the greatest centers of all time. You couldn't stop him? He was good, he rebounded and played defense extremely well. He could hit the open shot, but he was not unstopable.

I agree, Malone had a dirty streak to him. He and Stockton both did. But Laimbeer did the same things that Malone would do consistently. So I have to assume then that Laimbeer was dirty too [​IMG]

I agree here. Mahorn was just as dirty as Laimbeer. In fact, Mahorn was probably my least favorite player on the Pistons back in the day.

Hey 4His, I am curious your opinion on Laimbeer. Dirty or not?

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

SBC I think your problem is that I am talkint about a team sport. The Piston that won thier back to back did not need a superstar to shine. they played TEAM ball. He was one of the best not the greatest. He did not need to score 30 pts a game. I don't know how you can look at his stats and not see that he was at least in the top 20 percent.
    And losers whine the most except those with class. And thats what a lot of it was then. Do you think the league decided to let the Pistons foul all the wanted so they could win the championship?!
    What do you remember him doing that was so dirty? Have you ever watched Shaq? Laimbeer did not use all the grabbing and holding going on today.
    I think its time we talk about the Bull's glasses you have on! They came at the pistons with a nasty attitude. And wasn't it their coach who was cry'in to the refs in the press about how dirty the Piston were. I think it was, or maybe it was Reily. Anyways the bulls came in trying to be bad boys and lost the battle. Laimbeer and Mahorn made a lot of money playing the bad boy image that the press gave them. And I don't know how many teams I have heard say, "if you come in my neighborhood expect to pay". Bottom line they gave as good and better as they got. If a team came to play ball then thats what they got. If they went for all the hype and came with and attitude then they got MORE then they bargin for.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

[​IMG] Oh Tim, you do make me laugh. You are wrong, but you do make it funny. [​IMG]

</font>[/QUOTE]Funny I don't feel wrong. But if the almighty SBC, sports guru, says so.........nope still don't feel wrong.

4. PastorSBC1303

uhhh yeah, a team sport, got it. Have I ever stated on here that basketball wasn't a team sport? The Pistons were a great team in those years. Although I would say Isaiah was pretty darn close to a superstar, wasn't he?

I can handle top 20 percent. I am not discounting he was a good player. He just played dirty at times. I am not even saying that is bad altogether. It is just reality.

I have read this about 5 times, and I am still not sure what you mean? :confused:

:cool: I have always stated I am a Bulls fan completely. I have given the Pistons their due here time and time again. They were a great team in the bad boy days! Laimbeer was a good center. He was just dirty. Others who are not Bulls fans have stated on here that Laimbeer was a dirty player too, what glasses are they wearing? And I am venturing to guess that the reason we have not heard from 4His on this one is taht he thinks Laimbeer was dirty at times and just doesn't want to say it, seeing that he is a Piston fan.

[​IMG] That is priceless! That is the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it.

Let's not forget how classy the Pistons were when the Bulls finally knocked them off in the playoffs! They walked off the court with their tails between their legs, too big of a coward to be men and shake the Bulls hands.

They did lose to the Pistons a lot early on, but once they got past the Pistons they went on to win 6 out of the next 8 championships! So I don't think you can say they really lost, now can you? [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Go Celtics (Minus Walton). Playoffs generate a much more pyscial game. Laimbeer got what he deserved. Keep in mind that those two teams were not going to back down from one another and virtually every play in the paint was a statement of courage and a defiance of the others dominance. Laimbeer was the the NBA icon of physical toughness in the paint, albeit his dirty or should I say underhanded tactics were not appreciated by his opponents but let us not forget that Ainge and McHail were not exactly awaiting saint hood apart from the Gaaarden.

That was a great series with two classic teams. I loved the Celtics and look forward to seeing them on top once again.

Sorry I can't say the same about Detroit.

6. PastorSBC1303

thj, let me get this straight, you like the Lakers and the Celtics?

Is that even allowed? [​IMG]

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Laimbeer wasn't too dirty, but he did like to try to draw the foul. I liked the Bad boys back in the day, but I think I like todays Pistons a bit better.

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I have been a Celtic's fan a long time. I have the jacket, cap, sports cards etc. I am more of a Kobe fan (no boo's please) than a Laker's fan. But more than that I love Basketball and appreciate being able to see great athletes compete against one another.

9. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG] wasn't too dirty? Is that the politically correct way of calling him dirty and be able to keep your Piston fan card [​IMG] :D

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:eek:

We are a fan of the Celtics, and then we are a fan of the Lakers. Out of the same man comes a Celtics and Lakers fan. My brothers, this should not be. Can a man be a Pistons fan and a Bulls fan at the same time? My brothers, can a Bears fan be a Packers fan, or a Yankees fan be a Red Sox fan? Neither can a fan of Duke be a fan of North Carolina.

;)

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

[​IMG] wasn't too dirty? Is that the politically correct way of calling him dirty and be able to keep your Piston fan card [​IMG] :D </font>[/QUOTE]Didn't get the answer you wanted eh? He had his moments I am sure SBC. But the guy was a coward. He didn't want anyone coming after him. He was scared. I watched intensly those two years they won back to back championships. Now if you want to claim earlier years or even all around lifetime of play, I might have to give that to you out of ignorance on my part.