1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Part 2: OK... I still have these nagging questions:

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Just keeping this visible for a while... (added web's contribution)

But seriously, can anyone imagine what it might be like to ask an ME advocate to give a euology or speak at a funeral? If they're honest, what can they say? That they are confident the deceased is not going to spend 1,000 years in hell -- why? How would they know what secret unconfessed sins the person had in his heart?

I'd love to comfort the widow, but the fact is that the Bible doesn't give me any guidelines as to whether I can know if the person is headed for 1,000 years of hell or not. Too bad the blood of Christ doesn't cover anything the person does after his "spirit salvation". Thems the breaks.

At this very moment, of course, he is with the Lord. He may be with the Lord just waiting in line for 1,000 years of doom after some years, but he IS with the Lord. For a while, anyway. All of that will most likely change upon resurrection depending on how many sins were unconfessed...but anyway, be comforted to know that FOR NOW, our brother / sister is with the Lord...

2. Accountable

Accountable New Member

I have preached over one hundred funerals. I am nobody but God can help them. I've told the biblical truths at funerals over and over again. Believe it or not, the kingdom message brings hope to many, over and over again.
    For instance, I preached the funeral of a woman who had served God faithfully for years. She had recieved Him as Saviour, was baptized, and was a faithful witness for Him for years and years. Towards the end of her life she had circumstance after circumstance bring biterness into her life. She, like Ahithophel, became bitter. She died a very sad lady. To many on the BB, they would have to tell her family that she wasn't truly saved or that she didn't preservere till the end. "Sorry, she didn't make it."
    How does this help the grieving children?

3. Accountable

Accountable New Member

As I agree with you, sadly I must say that this is mild for this angry beaver.

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Even if you disagree, why not discontinue your actions for the sake of Christian charity or for the sake of not offending a brother in Christ?

5. standingfirminChrist

The 4 points are good. The problem is when you add a #5 into the process...

5. Oh, by the way, you may still end up in hell even if you follow the four steps above.

Some gospel... no, not some gospel... another gospel.

6. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Why do you need a substitute to keep from taking the Lord's name in vain?
    That's like condoning non alcoholic beer because we need a substitute.

You know, high fructose corn syrup is a substitute for sugar but I have yet to see a scientist say that it is less dangerous than sugar.

The best way to keep from saying the Lord's name in vain is to not desire to do so. You use a nicotine patch to substitute cigarettes because you crave them. Do not crave foul speech and it won't be a problem.

I pray this helps.

7. standingfirminChrist

webdog, yer not allowed to say phooey either. It has the same beginning sound as that gassy word.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Did you comfort her family by telling them that because of her unfaithfulness and bitterness that she might be spending the MK in hell? Maybe that would make the rest of her family straighten up and start behaving so they could avoid such a terrible fate.

9. Accountable

Accountable New Member

:thumbs: And this we know all too well!

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh:

I say it's Trouble

with a capital T and that rhymes with P

and that stands for POOL!

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Pwned! ;)

Oh, and while we're on the topic of blasphemy, Joey Faust should change his name. "Faust" is a name from literature, famous because Faust made a deal with the devil. By keeping the name, Joey Faust is promoting the idea that it's okay to make deals with the devil. As a Christian, it offends me, so he should change his name or else I'll have to question his salvation.

I'll bet he's really worried now!

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Just keeping this visible for a while... (with web's contribution)

But seriously, can anyone imagine what it might be like to ask an ME advocate to give a euology or speak at a funeral? If they're honest, what can they say? That they are confident the deceased is not going to spend 1,000 years in hell -- why? How would they know what secret unconfessed sins the person had in his heart?

I'd love to comfort the widow, but the fact is that the Bible doesn't give me any guidelines as to whether I can know if the person is headed for 1,000 years of hell or not. Too bad the blood of Christ doesn't cover anything the person does after his "spirit salvation". Thems the breaks.

At this very moment, of course, he is with the Lord. He may be with the Lord just waiting in line for 1,000 years of doom after some years, but he IS with the Lord. For a while, anyway. All of that will most likely change upon resurrection depending on how many sins were unconfessed...but anyway, be comforted to know that FOR NOW, our brother / sister is with the Lord...

13. Accountable

Accountable New Member

:thumbs:
    I must be honest, I grew up in the south and these words were common in our vocabulary. The wonderful thing about growing in the Lord is that as we grow we are to put childish things away and seek His will. I remember the Sunday school lesson where I was shown the truth about these "substitute" words. I felt so bad! I didn't even realize the testimony I was giving when I used such foul language. I'm glad that God has forgiven!

God is still in the forgiving business!

14. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Same argument an unbeliever uses to reject the fact that God will let a sweet little unbelieving grandmother burn in a tortuous LOF for ever and ever and ever, etc.

God does not "spare for our crying" because we think the whipping is too hard. If you think the chastening is too grievous it is because you might think the offense is not that big of a deal.

Heb 10:29 -
    Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

15. Accountable

Accountable New Member

I'm sorry, there must be a problem with my computer. I didn't write a point number five as I was dealing with spiritual salvation.

Why add words to my mouth? There is nothing more for Spiritual salvation.
    You cannot feed babies meat until they are able to handle it. You give them milk.

The problem is, milk is all many Christians want. Do you know what happens when all a baby drinks is milk his whole life? He isn't able to properly grow, walk, talk, etc. All he becomes is a fat baby.

God forbid we make our sheep fat babies. Instead, as they grow, we must start giving them meat.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So you only share "part" of your Kingdom Accountability gospel? Isn't that deceptive? I think you can do a 1000 years for that!:laugh:

17. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Actualy Amy, I was honest to her family by telling them, as they asked, that she was in the hands of a just God. They understood that her rewards might be negative yet they were able to take comfort in the fact that she has eternal life.
    Her son, nephew, and brother, all rededicated their lives to the Lord directly after the funeral. They are all serving Jesus in their local churches. They were strengthened by God and by His Word in the service.

18. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That's the name the Lord our God gave him. You remember Him right? The God you desire to blaspheme, mock and have no fear of? If you continue to feel that you need to make fun of a man's name to prove your EIRETIAD heresy, then it demonstrates pretty clearly how desperately lacking of an argument you must be.

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

We don't need it visible yet again.

6. No spamming. Don't flood the board with commercial posts, irrelevant or otherwise useless material.

13. No cross posting. Do not post the same message to more than one forum. (Source: http://www.baptistboard.com/postingrules.html)

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The famous evangelist, John R. Rice did not "persevere to the end." He became "soft," as some would say. He allowed compromise to sway his thinking. He no longer held to some of the doctrines that he held in earlier years.
    If you had preached at his funeral what would you have said?
    "John R. Rice you did not persevere! You will spend 1000 years in a Baptist Purgatory suffering in the same type of torment as Hell."
    Now that is what I call real comfort. The thousands at his funeral probably would have taken the OT law into their hands and dragged you to the limits of the city and stoned you to death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.