1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Partial List of Corrupt New Versions

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Mioque, I can get along with even the worst of mv advocates, I genuinely love all peoples, but it is harder to love some that hate you in return for my stand on the KJB. You seem to speak pretty good English, so why don't you read the KJB for awhile and give God the chance to show you His approval of the KJB?

Remember: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Well, what are you trying to do Hank? get the kid banned by drawing even more attention to his ignorance of the BB rules? Why didn't you just PM him and relate what you've said?

I don't believe any of the "versions" are corrupt, only the corrupted MSS they used to derive them into a version.
    [​IMG]

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So you are incapable of being deceived?

Prov. 27:2, " Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."

Prov. 17:28, "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
    </font>[/QUOTE]I see you used those scriptures in the effort to contradict yourself, again. You really should be careful how you handle the Word of God man, that hand you used to point the finger at me has three more pointing back at you!

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
    Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Just a couple or four verses, but the wisdom to know the KJB is the Word of God came from God, I wouldn't speak against the wisdom of God.

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Why? You don't have the "inspired" Word of God to preach from by what you just said? You might as well be preaching from the Reader's Digest.

I am labeled KJVO and believe me I am not being dishonest when I say I don't worship a "book" and not the Author of the Bible. You've just picked up on the language of the mv advocates slurrs against those who stand for the KJB and only act like you respect the KJB.

Can I give you a suggestion? Why don't you be the leader and start focusing your attention on the Author of the Bible instead of your rant and denigrating another's position?

Just in case you haven't caught on yet, I have the Bible in the AV 1611 KJB whose Author is God, you have just a "book" with an "author".

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Prov. 27:2, " Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."

Prov. 17:28, "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
    </font>[/QUOTE]I see you used those scriptures in the effort to contradict yourself, again. You really should be careful how you handle the Word of God man, that hand you used to point the finger at me has three more pointing back at you!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Are you telling us that you still haven’t gotten the point about what you said about yourself in the quote, “but I'm wise enough to know the right way”? How about letting the others pass judgment on that issue? We are not to praise ourselves but let others do it. Isn’t that what scripture teaches?
    We are not to boast about our wisdom nor our accomplishments but about Christ.

2 Cor. 10:17,18, “But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth”

Prov. 13:1, “A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke”

Prov. 17:10, “A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.”.

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

[reply snipped - questioning someone's salvation or relationship with God based on a version will earn a suspension quickly]

[ March 03, 2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Are you telling us that you still haven’t gotten the point about what you said about yourself in the quote, “but I'm wise enough to know the right way”? How about letting the others pass judgment on that issue? We are not to praise ourselves but let others do it. Isn’t that what scripture teaches?
    We are not to boast about our wisdom nor our accomplishments but about Christ.

2 Cor. 10:17,18, “But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth”

Prov. 13:1, “A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke”

Prov. 17:10, “A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.”.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ditto, gb, Ditto.

I said "wise enough" not "wiser".

I see you left your shoes under the devil's table still, that would be why you use the Word of God unto destruction of your brother in Christ and not obeying the command to edify one another.

9. mioque

mioque New Member

For all those who doubted the following statement.
    "Why do you think the original Cross is gone, why did God hide the body of Moses? Because we are just like sheep and stupid enough to worship those dumb things if we found them."
    Some of the extra-biblical stuff shown in Gibson's the Passion of the Christ is the 'creation' of several RC relics you can go and visit in certain European churches. according to the Catholic Church those things aren't supposed to be worshipped (only venerated), but still...

Precepts
    "You seem to speak pretty good English,"
    My Dutch is dramatically better.

"so why don't you read the KJB for awhile and give God the chance to show you His approval of the KJB?"
    I already believe the (English) AV has the Allmighty's full approval.
    On a related note, what gives you the idea that there isn't at least one Bible available in my own language that has similar Divine approval?

I will use the KJB on the shelves of the churchlibrary for a while for my daily Bible studies. It's a 1769 revision KJB printed in London by Eyre and Spottiswoode in 1856, so if there is something wrong in your opinion with that particular edition please let me know.

10. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Precepts, Cranston and I would not like to join you there. You already take up your space and ours in insanity :eek:

11. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Standard KJVO;kjbo Bible facist pickler type blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

12. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I'm not going to comment on this statement, but just show it again for people to see and let them make their own decision about it. Anyone else see the contradiction?

13. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Chapter and verse, please??? </font>[/QUOTE]b/c rickymortis can't admit his sect has it's origin in man, and not God. Not one single itty-bitty verse that says the KJV;kjb is the only preserved version for the English speaking people. Then he actually has the audacity to say in effect, what Ruckman says, if the English says one thing, and the Greek says another, throw out the Greek. (as he did regarding Hebrews 10:23 "hope" vs "faith")

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I was not trying to draw attention to him.

an amazing piece of logic.

HankD

15. Orvie

Orvie New Member

No I was not trying to draw attention to him.

an amazing piece of logic.
    HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]His logic is akin to sect mentality. Nehushtan Pickled Version Sect [​IMG]

16. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, Orvie, that one little question seems to paralyze the Onlyists. Doubtless, Precepts will post some spin trying to justify his myth, but the ONE VITAL QUESTION will remain unanswered-WHERE'S THE SCRIPTURAL JUSTIFICATION FOR SUCH A STATEMENT?

This question, and others like it asking for AUTHORIZATION BY GOD for the KJVO myth, and the failure to answer by its advocates shows it false, and, without any supporting evidence of God's authorization for the basic myth, everything else is just spin. Garbage In-Garbage Out.

17. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

SALTCITYBAPTIST,

That may not be so comical as you suppose. See for example the book, American English by Albert H. Marckwardt, Oxford University Press, 1958.

18. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 1968, I was in Tokyo while serving in our navy. Many Japanese, especially shop proprietors, spoke enough English to communicate with us readily. And if they had any accent, it was generally American. I never thought to ask a single Japanese where he/she had learned any English, but I'd say a fair number of them were taught by Americans right after WW2.

And I've been around enough residents of other English-speaking nations to know they each have their own particular "brand" of English.

I have a friend who teaches high-school Castilian Spanish, and I have an old floor-moder radio from the 1930s which will easily receive Mexican commercial radio stations. He has a hard time following the conversations, even the commercials because Mexican Spanish is somewhat different from the Spanish of the nation Spain.

I reckon it's the same for every language used worldwide-each nation or region has its own dialect of a given language.

19. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

No you don't, you could not read a 1611 with understanding if your life depended on it. Why don't you just admit that God is a liar because following your logic, He quit preserving His Word in 1611. According to the scriptures His work of preservation is eternal, but your position says that the KJV CORRECTED the original autographs. Which means that He must have quit His preserving work for a millenia or so and the had to fix what He messed up in 1611. Then, He quit preserving again because all is well. Give me book chapter and verse that says the KJV is the only Word of God and all others are liars. You can't do it, therefore, you have a preference and that is all you have. I preach from the KJV by preference because most of the audiences that I minister to are older and that is what they are comfortable with.
    What is sad is that you fellas are going to hold onto this NEW KJVO theology and within about 1, maybe 2 generations will be totally irrelevant because the language used will not be understood by the average person coming out of the American education system. At that point we are back to the old Catholic system of only the priests can have or understand God's Word.