1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor: “Morally Reprehensible” for Christians to Support Politicians Who Back Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 20, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A prominent Hispanic American pastor believes it’s time for America to stop supporting the abortion giant Planned Parenthood, and voters can convey that this election.

The Rev. Samuel Rodriguez is the president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, and he is well known for speaking boldly about issues like abortion. The Blaze reports Rodriguez issued a strong call to pro-life Americans during the podcast The Church Boys last week.

“Any Christian who would support a candidate who defends Planned Parenthood really needs to seek scripture,” Rodriguez said. “You need to repent, because there’s culpability in what takes place in this nation as it pertains to the abortion industry if you dare support a candidate who supports Planned Parenthood.”

SIGN THE PLEDGE: I Pledge to Vote for a Pro-Life Candidate for President

Rodriguez urged Christians to stand up against Planned Parenthood’s discriminatory, life-destroying abortion business, and he called it “morally reprehensible” for Christians to support candidates who openly defend Planned Parenthood, according to The Blaze. “We are what we tolerate,” he said.

“I want to speak to every single African American, Latino, and Anglo Christ follower who believes in biblical orthodoxy — how can we justify supporting anything — be it Republican or Democrat — anything that in any way, form or shape defends Planned Parenthood?” he said during the podcast. “How can we justify supporting any political candidate that defends Planned Parenthood?”

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/05/20/...port-politicians-who-back-planned-parenthood/

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I wonder if he tells Latinos that it's also morally reprehensible for Christians to support politicians who reject Jesus Christ as he did with Mitt Romney?

While I don't think it's necessary to throw the baby out with the bathwater as it applies to PP who do a whole lot more than perform abortions, I would not support them doing abortions with my tax dollars.

But I do believe people need to ask themselves if they would do thesame if they found out their PCP or hospital they frequent was performing abortions?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is morally reprehensible for a Christian to support the death penalty, to support policies that separate children from their parents, to support policies denying the poor, elderly and children health care, to be against helping women and children, such as WIC, to hold that it is good to keep wages so low that people have to work numerous jobs as well as obtain food stamps to live, to be pro-birth but not pro-life in all its aspects.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev rang the bell, and the proabortion members salivated. Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many issues!

The death penalty is passed on those who gave up their right to life.
    Keep in mind the NT neither requires nor prohibits the death penalty.

NO one (in the US) says that children should be separated from their parents. (I assume you are talking about illegal immigrants) When a parent is required to go back to his home country (whether it is Mexico or Germany) their children are free to go with them.

IT is NOT the responsibility of (especially) the federal govt to provide social services. These should be provided by churches and social agys.

Government is WRONG by requirement so many regulations on business that prevent them from expanding and providing new jobs. Remember, a person has no legal acquirement to stay with an employer (unless you have a written contract) . In fact, IMHO - a person holding a minimum wage job, should only need to give minimum notice to quit - and a notice of about 24 hours should be .sufficient.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Get that checked as no one in this thread is pro-abortion.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN!

AMEN!

AMEN!
    AMEN!
    Excellent post!!!

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

ANd who might THOSE be?

Thumbsdown Oh but The Cross.

Right.Rolleyes Then get the church together and do it instead of turning folks away with platitudes of we're gonna pray for ya.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right -- so if a person is sentenced to 20 years in prison, for attempted murder of a female- you are saying that he should not go to prison since he has 5 kids at home.

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If everyone is going to have favorite sins to pick, as if they're your own nose, and say "Christians can't support these being legal," let's throw in gossip, gluttony, loving 'good things of this world,' a lot more. Perhaps revitalize the scold's bridle and the ducking stool. But somebody's got to judge, and we ain't supposed to do that either.9

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Go ahead and slaughter your children, at least you don't gossip! Thumbsup

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, either that or tell them "That's a government function, so git out of here and we won't be praying for you!"
    Which is it? church or state?...or should those 2 be 1?

13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does it have to be either or?

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If you see anywhere next to that Cross avatar that I said that, then that's what I'm saying. If you cannot connect that to that Cross avatar, then I obviously haven't said it.:D

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So we're NOT supposed to do what you just did to reach that conclusion?O O Matthew 7:1 continues to be interpreted without the context of Matthew 7:2-5.;)

16. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The very term "deny healthcare" is so ridiculous. Healthcare is either a service or a product, and both have costs associated with them. A nation that spends twice as much money as it takes in from taxes is not in a position to ignore this simple fact. #feelthebern

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I'm all for a theocracy. I'm called to be the high priest.

On your knees, heathen. Kiss my holy . . .

. . . ring.

18. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yeah? Who told you?

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you're one of those who think that pointing out certain faults with which people conduct themselves is judging? There are certainly few posters on this board who do more judging, then, that you do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I suppose we can make it NEITHER NOR.