1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor Joel Osteen

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 15, 2006.

1. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Contact Daystar Television and see if they can sell you a copy or something.

And check out this: http://www.letusreason.org/Popteac29.htm

And last but not least, look at this one and see what Hank Hannegraff has to say about Joel Osteen. He flat out calls Joel a WOF preacher. Look at the Multimedia box at the top, where it says Hank Hanegraaff Speaks Out on Joel Osteen
    http://www.theopedia.com/Joel_Osteen

And look here to the website of Hank Hanegraaff where I found something on Joel Osteen...notice that he is listed as WoF. It's a book review of his "Living Your Best Life" book. http://www.equip.org/store/topical.asp?Div=Topics&TopID=1100&AS=Word of Faith Movement
    The article is listed here: http://www.equip.org/free/JAO170.htm

Why are you so dead set to defend Osteen?

2. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Some of the quotes are from tapes owned and distributed by Daystar Television.

Videotapes.

3. IronWill

IronWill New Member

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

John Osteen, Joel's father, was WOF and Joel Osteen grew up under that. But Osteen is more polished and his WOF teachings are more subtle, so he doesn't come across like Kenneth Copeland or Creflo Dollar.

Osteen also talks more like a motivational speaker than a preacher, so it's harder to catch the WOF stuff, but it's there. It's been evident too many times.

5. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Yes but thats not always possible. I live in a rural area and I have limited choices. One church is KJVO, but the pastor lacks love for others, and lacks accountabiliy ( no board, no ordination,etc..).

Other churches the people are loving, but the bible is not as boldly taught.

6. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I am dead set on not completely calling him unsaved.

I never and not once said a word about him teaching the bible with full substance.

7. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Which might explain why myself and some other fundamentalists and evangelical (non fundy christians) have not caught him, but have caught the others.

8. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Hank Hanegraaf does not say Osteen is unsaved

I have a Mp3 file of when I called Hanegraaf and he clearly told me that he does believe that Osteen is saved.

Shall I edit it and post it on my website for you to hear?

And yes I do agree that he does not teach the bible as well as he should.

But unlike many of you, the difference between us, is thta I believe Osteen is saved and on his way to heaven.

Osteen does not clearly deny Christ like the terrorists do.

Mormons, JW's, Way International,etc..

If you want to read about a terrorist, then chekc out the ministry of Pastor Steve Winter.

http://www.apostolic.biz/

Winter denies the trinity, and even believes that Jesus was not God.

Osteen has never said anything of the sort.

You know you guys are really getting me to think about taking a drive over to LakeWood and meeting personally with Osteen and audio taping him with my Sony Microcassette recorder, and where I will ask him his view of Jesus Christ and the essential tenants of the faith.

You will see that Osteen (unlike Steve Winter, and the other terrorist groups) does not deny essential doctrine, which they do!

John

9. IronWill

IronWill New Member

I never said that he doesn't believe in what we consider Orthodox doctrine, but that he is also teaching false doctrine from the occult. That is what he is doing, that makes him a false teacher. He may be saved, and that's not my place to judge, but he is a false teacher.

10. Bible John

Bible John New Member

On this we can agree.

Osteen may be ignorantly in error.

And honeslty do you really think his IQ is all that above average? Osteen may lack the brain of a John MacArthur, and perhaps his college GPA shows this. I rememebr him once talking about it. However he only spoke about it once.

But honestly the bible and theology are very very complicated. No wonder we have so many different denominations,etc.. Not eveyrone that goes astray does so on purpose. Some just lack the brains to comprehend material, and this does not mean that they do not try to understand.

I'll bet you a dollar that Osteen's IQ is not all that above average. I'll also bet that Osteen could spend a thousand hours trying to understand something that MacArthur would have figured out in a hour.

MacArthur and othes like him have high IQ's. Osteen does not. I do not, and many other ministers do not.

John

11. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Osteen should go to Bible college then. He's teaching the occult, and there's no excuse for it.

12. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I agree. He should go and learn. He mentioned once that he could not handle the courses so he dropped out.

He reminds me of a student at Simpson that always got pathetic grades in his bible courses, but had been called to do a dozen internships at churches. He got bad grades, because he did not study the bible, and was not dedicated to learning the Word.

He was asked to work at CMA churches, because he had charm.

I say that the Christian and Missionary Alliance is going down the slide. They are a part of the Emerging Church and sadly are hiring pastors like my old friend that did not study the bible, but had charm.

John

13. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Good luck.

14. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

If Osteen would just repent and get saved, maybe he'd be a better pastor.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/20/lkl.01.html

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

These words alone make me think that maybe he has never really believed. :tear:

16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

It's sad when someone with such influence has so little to say.

17. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Yep, I "always believed" until the Lord saved me when I was 15. :Fish:

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yep, WOF = Anti Christ.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

1 Cor 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

How can one speak of the cure for sin without discussing the cause and effects? That's like a doctor curing your lung cancer and never disussing or cautioning your smoking habbit.

Phil 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

20. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

That is so true! How can one know God's mercy and grace without being aware of His wrath. What is it they think they were saved from? We flee from the wrath to come, thankful that He had mercy on us and saved us from that terrible day of judgment!