1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor or President: Should a women hold either office?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? Do you mean precedence?

Romans 16
    I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.
    Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. . .

Charles Spurgeon, "Romans But Not Romanists":

"I should not wonder but he put them in order according to quality rather than according to the rule of sex; he named Priscilla, first, because she was first in energy of character and attainments in Divine Grace. There is a precedence which, in Christ, is due to the woman when she becomes the leader in devotion, and manifests the stronger mind in the things of God. It is well when Nature and Grace both authorize our saying, “Aquila and Priscilla,” but it is not amiss when Grace outruns Nature, and we hear of, “Priscilla and Aquila.”"

#61 Jerome, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015