1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor resumes needed in Pahrump Nevada

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by John I Morris, Jan 31, 2020.

1. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok guys not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here goes. I received a 100% vote from a church in Edmonton Alberta Canada and will be leaving here Feb 15, 2020. So, they need to find Gods man for them now. It is a good church, many new believers as well as many solid believers. It is and will stay an Independent Baptist Church, they have had it with the SBC. Most of their 23 missionaries are BBFI, and are loved and prayed for by the church.
    Wanted Pastor
    South Valley Baptist Church
    Pahrump NV
    Attendance: 180-215
    Budget $360,000
    Salary: TBD
    You must not be a Calvinist or believe that one can lose their salvation. Christ died for the world, the Holy Spirit seals you until the day of redemption.
    Experience: At least 7 years of being lead/senior pastor
    Degree from Bible college/seminary
    Be a soul-winner, this question will be asked by the search committee.
    Agree with the church Statement of Faith, non-Pentecostal, charismatic gifts are past. You must be willing to answer all the questions of the search committee and the congregation if and when you come in view of a call.
    This is a growing church in a fast growing community. From 14 to over 200 in 4 1/2 years.
    Send resume and four references to: [email protected]
    NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
    if you would like to the outgoing pastor: [email protected]

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI this is in the Las Vegas region.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll pray for your congregation's search.

I figured everyone here listened to Coast to Coast AM. :Biggrin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ezra2020

ezra2020 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    sounds like a litmus test do you even have to be saved? non pentecostal no spiritual gifts sorry but it almost sounds like a spiritual org instead of a church. dont get me wrong it helps being sb to pastor,, but what if God sent some one besides a sb . would you accept him? probably not

5. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good luck. There are many synergist pastors for you to pick from.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wondering on updates. Most churches in our area have "hunkered down" and "enduring", rather than doing active searches in this sad time.

Also on how John is doing after the move and then the plague hitting.

7. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are entitled to your opinion. The charismatic/pentecostal thing is not scriptural, so why would God "send" someone of that thinking? They have a pastor coming in a month. So, maybe keep your snarky opinions to yourself. And, yes, this is my opinion, it is not changing.

8. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Bob! Yes, doing as well as we can. It had made it very difficult getting here two weeks before the lockdown. But we are doing what we can. Started a livestream when we arrived, trying to open up a bit now, we are allowed 50% capacity of the auditorium. We haven't come close to that yet. Many are scared of getting covid, I have done my best to encourage people to do what ever they feel comfortable with. We have had several first time guests so far, with most returning.
    If another lockdown doesn't happen this Fall I will be surprised. We sold our house in Pahrump and are renting a two bedroom apartment here. Edmonton is a large city, so a lot of lost people to get to Jesus!
    Beautiful weather here, cool and rainy. :)
    Blessings!

• Prayers Prayers x 2
  9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Pastor will arrive in Oct!

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You never know.
    There is a Baptist church here locally - that called a pastor who had recently graduated from Liberty Baptist College ( Now LU). He came as a Baptist
    He had been there several years - then got involved in Operation Rescue (pro life) He did spend time in jail for protesting abortion. The church was
    not to happy about this as they told him he was being paid to be a pastor - not a jailbird. Ended up he left the church -with about 25% of the members.
    He then started a charismatic church. (in addition - 3 other tiny churches started out from this major split.) The pastor, in spite having attended LBC,
    did have Pentecostal leanings.- What I am saying - is that sometimes you never know - people do change over time.

FTR, I do now this pastor personally - attended his Baptist church a few times - and he was my client - as he had a program on our radio station.

11. ezra2020

ezra2020 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    pssst i suggest you read it for the way i wrote it not what you want it to say read my post real close
    you NOTICE IS AID WHAT IF GOD SENT ... so you dont believe in spiritual gifts ? what do you call teaching and preaching ?:eek: the gifts of the spirit are still here. BTW i am not pentecostal .i am ordained gen baptist but prefer the non denom
    . also a true blue born again child of God that was pentecostal should be able to preach at a sbc or idf . not mention the doctrine of the baptism of the Holy Spirit . which is the evidence of speaking in tongues . which I do not support

it would be so kind of you to respond in a proper manner . instead of assuming what i said.. so please understand i am not charismatic but i do believe in the anointing the power of God . see this is the problem you condemn pentecostals . instead of trying to find common ground Jesus and salvation = the body of Christ which has MANY members . yes there are pentecostals who attack baptist and they are just as wrong to.. i have two friends who are AOG . both has preached in a baptist pulpit. not one time mentioned speaking in TONGUES . so its not my opinion. it is very much scripture.

if you need bible verses to back up what i post i will be more than happy to provide. BTW YES MY GRAMMAR IS WAY OFF

12. ezra2020

ezra2020 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    i have met people like that why they feel the need to go full blown charismatic i dunno.. but often a pastor will see something when growing up in Church . as a adult it turned him off .never the less they are still a brother

• Like Like x 1
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, .he is a Christian brother. We did work on one project together, and IMHO it was very successful.
    BUT (of course there is a but) there are a couple of other things he did that I think he should not have done.
    Nothing illegal, or immoral - more just the way he treated people. Nothing major - but something that "bugs" you.
    I will leave it at that. I will say this - if he called me and wanted to work on something -I'm sure I would.

14. ezra2020

ezra2020 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    personalities are hard to over come. my bro is a pastor has great personalty great communicator. years ago he use sell miracle maid cook ware . he managed to sell to the mennonites. i have to work real hard on me . i am more evangelistic but can work with people

15. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joel Olsteen’s father (John) was a SB pastor.
    That is until he divorced his wife.

Amazing the influences that impress upon a person that leads them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for such a late reply to your post, but you misread the post. I said that the church DID NOT want a southern baptist pastor. They did call a pastor from Waco Texas, he has been there for several months now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That Church precludes itself from thousands of possible opportunities because it insists on this absurd and remarkably un-biblical demand that he have 7+ years experience as a Senior Pastor.
    Why should a man who has loved a congregation that long leave it for that Church?
    After 7years should he leave it for another? No doubt because it's small and they have more money.
    Why are Churches so short-sighted and ungodly?

Why not find a qualified young man with some experience in preaching, a legitimate degree, possibly time as an Associate Pastor and let him love, grow with, and stick through good times and bad with a local body he comes to love for decades on end?

You want to poach another Churches Pastor?
    The local body of believers dies because of things like this.

I wish them no luck in their plan of ripping a man from the family God called him to love and lead to sell out to them instead. I hope God's men who have lovingly shepherded the flocks God called them to will stay with those congregations.
    I pray that South Valley Baptist Church fails in its desire to cause disruption and pain in God's churches.

Alternatively, I hope they get exactly what they insisted on and three years later the careerist ambitious man they asked for ditches them for a church with a $1mil. budget which insists on ten years prior experience (3 of which he received from them) and sends that church into pastorless chaos again.

#17 HeirofSalvation, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  18. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seeing as I accepted Christ at a full blown Pentecostal church, I have a bit of insight, still if you are Baptist go to a Baptist church, if you are Pentecostal go to a Pentecostal church, do not go with the intent of changing it to the way that you think, that is dishonest!