1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor to Swap Wife on Reality TV - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 21, 2011.

?
  1. He will be judged by God for his sin(s)...

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. It is not for me to say...

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I have to wonder if Ted was ever saved...

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. He is covered by eternal security, but will face stiff judgment from God...

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. This is merely an attempt to gain public recognition...

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  6. If he is truly bi-s@#ual, he can't be a follower of God...

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Bi or gay, there is no real difference...

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  8. This reality show is in poor taste, and disgusting to me...

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  9. I wonder what kind of people are going would go to his new church?

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  10. See my comments, as none of these say what's on my heart...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize that Ted Haggard is probably in need of money to maintain a semblance of his pre-scandal income, so this is more sensationalism than it is anything else! Still, what are your feelings on the Haggard attempt to earn money and gain some headline grabbing attention?

Remember, this is the one-time head of the NEA (National Evangelical Association - President) and head of Colorados largest church who was exposed for his homos&#ual relationship. Since his defrocking, and so-called counseling, he has publicly admitted that he is bi-s%#ual (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20029939-10391698.html and http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/26/ted-haggard-admits-hes-bisexual-his-history-of-sexual-orientat/), and once again leading a small congregation.

SEE: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Haggard-Busey-Wife-Swap-1037895.aspx

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/09/21/ted-haggard-gary-busey-celebrity-wife-swap/

Please partake of the poll attached to this post.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

#1 righteousdude2, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
  2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Change title to "Some Guy to Swap Wife...."...he's no pastor.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Know This, and So Do You, BUT...

...He still goes by Pastor, and that is the disgusting part of this story! Add to this, the part that Busey is a pastor with Promise Keepers, and you have one big sensational story that will definitely get talked about on Leno, Letterman, Fallon and Kimmel to say the least. This entire fiasco will be the butt of jokes for days and maybe weeks to come.

We can't do anything about Haggard as he has his own church, but Busey is with Promise Keepers and maybe an influx of complaints and concerns can end Busey's association with PK? :tonofbricks:

These two guys are doing their best to mock God. What a shame! :tear:

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And God, last time I checked, is not mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from such will reap destruction. One who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I've never seen the ABC program, and don't plan to. Haggard and Gary Busey are not marrying each other's wives. There'll be no intimacy. And each will go back to their own wives after a couple of weeks. It's all going to be on TV, not some dark corner.

It's not my cup of tea, and it's a pretty silly concept. But there's less there than meets the eye.

6. Dempster

Dempster New Member

The program is stupid but a FAR cry from "wife swapping". It has absolutely nothing at all to do with that practice.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What a pair! :laugh:

Haggard is a pervert and Busey is nuts. I thought that show had been cancelled a long time ago?

8. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Gary Busey: the voice of reason and sanity.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Now that is funny. Actually the show might be quite entertaining just watching him.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I will never forget the time he was throwing the f-bomb at the Snapple lady because she was interrupting his prayer before a challenge on celebrity fit club.:BangHead:

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While the show doesn't have to do with the intimate issues that it seems to convey in the title, it is a very damaging show, IMO. Their goal is to pit two polar opposites against each other and then see what happens. It's like putting two fighting dogs into a ring - it's not pretty.

The thing that gets me on this show is that those who are Christians or of a more traditional family are thrust into a family that has very different values and the conservative family has someone who is hostile to their beliefs come in and control their home. I would never bring another woman into my home to have influence over my children for ANY length of time who does not love the Lord Jesus Christ. On another board I go to of very conservative women who are mostly stay at home moms, one of the producers of this show joined to ask one of us to do the show. We banned her and told her in no uncertain terms that what she wants us to do is completely wrong. NEVER would I do a show like that.

Now this case? Sensationalism is all it is. Nothing more. Walk away.

12. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Well now...

Between Robb bell saying EVERYONE gets saved by jesus, NO Hell

Pat saying that God will excuse one for a divorce, IF spouse 'sick enough"

ted declaring swinging "both ways" God OK

man, makes one long for the "Jimmy Swaggert" days!

13. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I had a pastor and the dean of my Bible college tell that there is no sin that an unsaved person commits that a saved person cannot commit. That really helped me when I was questioning, "How can I be saved and do the things I've done since being supposedly saved."

Whether or not this man is saved is not for me to judge; God is the only One Who is qualified to judge anyone. However, the difference is that I felt guilt and remorse over what I did. Can this man say the same? If not, then he is more than likely not saved. A child of God cannot sin and not be convicted and feel miserable over his sin.

14. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trading Spouses participant Marguerite Perrin echos your sentiments: Youtube: Christian Mother Regrets Reality Show Experience

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Make the Best Point of ALL....

.....thanks for your input, it was a walk-off-home-run! :thumbsup:

16. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Wow, ok, that was very embarrassing! I'm sorry to know that unchurched people were exposed to such selfish and childish behavior from a professing Christian. It appears that she humiliated her children and husband. I feel sorry for them. Ironic that she was such a "God warrior" but at the end of the video it says that she decided to keep the money.

17. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Bwahahahahahah!

18. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those shows look for unsteady and/or very dramatic participants to do the show and who would be challenged and stressed out by the ordeal. I wouldn’t pit my wife alone against a strong anti-Christian environment simply because she doesn’t have the necessary tools to defend the faith against the odds they may pit against her. Now if it was a husband swap where a husband came into my house against my children and wife that would be a different story…ha, I have every confidence that my daughter alone could lecture and debate all challenges and that my son would have a lot to add and my wife would be very supportive in her way while having her two cents to add. No way would a husband be an influence against their values! As for me,:laugh: I would be glad to accept $50,000 for an opportunity to teach Christian values and beliefs to an unbelieving family for a week…no fear! Heck... if I was approached I’d even act irrational and inept just to be viable candidate for the show and then wouldn’t they be surprised when I pulled out my big guns when I got there. :laugh: