1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastor

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IAMWEAK_2007, Jul 2, 2008.

1. IAMWEAK_2007

IAMWEAK_2007 Member

Is it OK for a pastor to say in PULPIT "begging for a new clothes to wear etc etc to the congreagtion during sunday service", while I know he is rich of many earthly things and i am sure he can afford to buy what he needs becuase of his businesses.

2. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

If I knew that he was a wealthy man and was begging for clothes to wear, I would approach him personally and address it. I would try to get to the bottom of why he is asking for such.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

One time I remarked that I have no sense of style and don't ever know what to wear. The following Wednesday night, a couple brought me a couple of new shirts. I really appreciated it, but wondered whether or not I sounded like I was begging.

In my case, I think this couple was just being good to me. Is there any chance that he might not have meant it in the way it was recieved?