1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor's advice on Calvinism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 29, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You guys are baptists and shouldn't whine, that's a sin....oh wait...that's wine..carry on...:D

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it isn't. This guy told everyone in the place that he is a Calvinist, including his wife & this schmuck of a pastor. This is more of an example of trying to change Evan more than anything else..... I can hear the conversations now....."oh he will adapt, he will adjust".....when what they really mean is he will convert. Well folks here is a guy who wont convert, he wont compromise his beliefs ....and he should not have to. The only thing he has to do now is blow that place off & go to the Calvinistic church he wants to go to......DO IT EVAN, DO IT!!!!

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I concur. Something is very wrong here, and the whole thread makes me sad.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have done that but one guy takes issue because of the Reformed POV.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My critics multiply like rabbits!

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It's okay he's just another rabbit spewing his nonsense. Critics will attack me but I have not once attacked then personally as they have me.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I just got back from a retreat with a bunch of IFB brothers. I enjoyed my time of fellowship and nope did not once try and cause division.

My only gripes where some KJVO'S types attacking the ESV and all modern versions. I simply gave one person a challenge in gentleness and respect. Also one preacher was attacking non IFB churches that believed in drinking in moderation and believed a Godly church sings only hymns. He passed judgment on all non IFB churches and I also challenged that view in gentleness and respect.

Nope did not agree with the Arminian emphasis on soul winning and some other issues but did not raise them as no one attacked Calvinists. We'll one preacher attacked Hyper Calvinist and I agreed. But in general they stayed out of the debate and so we lived in peace.

I was listening to Mac one night and he said in a situation like mine being forced to attend a non Reformed church I need to make the best of where I am and to serve and love them as Christ did. I will do this.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It does not matter. God will bring his elect to salvation. The guy I listened to allot when I first started was Reformed and preached to people as they walked by. No one stopped to listen to him and he never got a crowd. But he preached faithfully beacause the elect would respond.

I remember once a guy cussed me out to my face but I treated him in kindness and greatly impacted his life for the gospel in our chat after my sermon. He may have repented as he may have been elect.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why bother with evangelism?

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The Great Commission and evangelism which glorifies God.

12. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Two scriptural truths should motivate us all to evangelism, missions and outreach, Calvinist or non-Calvinist.

One is the Great Commission of Matthew 28, where Jesus told them to go into all the world.

The other explains why we go. I Corinthians 1:21:
    This makes it clear that God does not save independently of means--that is, the gospel. That's why Calvinists should witness whenever the opportunity presents itself.

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I am a DoG who is in a definite minority in my church. My views are well-known, but I do not try to convert everyone to my view.

I have come to believe that this is not a hill on which one should die. I don't know a single Calvinist who was argued into that view. They came to their position on their own, in most cases.

If one has a crusade to make a non-Calvinist church into a Calvinist one, he must consider whether it's worth division and tension in that church, for that is what you'll get. Is it worth a church fight?

If someone asks me about my Calvinism, I'll tell them. But I'm not starting a fight over it.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First.....you are not being forced. This is a problem of your own making. You have heardthe term, "self inflicted gun shot wound " well that be you.