1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors, Do You "Visit" All Of Your Ministries?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Jamal5000, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

Let me explain what I mean.

During the week, each of our church ministries conducts its individual meeting: Male Chorus, Mass Choir, Young Adult Choir, Children's Choir, Missionary Society, Men's Club, and Usher Board.

How often do you sit in on a choir rehearsal or an auxillary meeting? Whenever this happens, I find it so exhilirating to see him there.

How often do you do it?

In Christ,
    J5Grand [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I pastored I made it a point to be a part of all, mostly as an observer. Monthly at youth activities or youth hour, every week with Awana (just to be there), probably less frequently with choirs. Never missed a board meeting, SS workers meeting, etc.

Hey, being pastor is part "administrating/foreman of a work force" by definition of the term!

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being in a solo pastorite, I do visit the ministries so to speak since most of the time I am involved someway. But I am learning to trust the committees (or whoever) to their jobs and allow them the privledge of "leading" rather then creating a rubber stamp effect coming from the committee via "what the pastor wants". In larger churches that I have served the pastor wanted to be informed about what was going on, but not so much involved as I think you might be refering to in your question.

4. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

As part of the pastoral team, I attend all meetings of the teams under my care. I typically "facilitate" without running the meeting. Wehn things get to spinning wheels I try to help it get moving without pushing a decision. Just my style.

5. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

Thanks for your responses so far, gentlemen. [​IMG]

I do not want to imply that Pastors should stretch themselves out by keeping close tabs on EVERYONE. I just envision a visit to the various auxiliaries here and there from the Pastor as a time of excitement and inspiration.

For example, the children on my choirs (Big teenagers and the itty bitty ones) would get sooo excited that the Pastor (the leader of the church) took time out to see THEM of all people. It would really make them feel good and enthusiastic about the mission of the church.

Thanks,

J5000 [​IMG]