1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors' Luncheon

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by TCGreek, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Pastors,

Every week I meet with fellow pastors in my city for lunch, where we just pray for each other and share what's happening in our respective churches.

Pastors present are usually from the Baptist, Episcopalian, Methodist, Community church, Seventh Day Adventist and so on.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We live in Suffolk County NY and there's a Suffolk County Evangelical pastor's association (I can't remember the real name - sorry!) that meets each month and the wives get together every other month (looking to make it every month soon). My husband has also been meeting with other worship leaders every 2 months. I think it's great to get together to encourage each other and do some worship together. I have also found that because the leadership is solid Biblically, the pastors who are from some of the lesser sound denoms around here (some of them are way off in NY but I've heard they're still pretty good in other parts of the country) are learning a lot. Those who don't agree don't come anymore. But the pastors are praying for them.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

When I was in KC, we used to get together like that every week. Sometimes it was more of a comedy.

I didn't do it here in Gaston County.

4. tank1976

tank1976 New Member

I do this type of thing but it is once a month. It is two different groups of ministers, but some of the same people come to both meetings.

One is a city Ministerial Alliance meeting. Mostly baptist, a few other denominations mixed in. This group has really changed in the last few yrs. It was very few baptist when I started attending 6yrs. ago- now it is 75-80 % baptist- we tookover :laugh: - just kidding.

The second group is ministers from the baptist association I am a part of. It is the SBC ministers from our association. This groups meeting goes a little deeper than the first.

I enjoy bought groups. I have built some good friendships with some of these fellow ministers.