1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor's Tithe & Offering

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by blackbird, Jun 17, 2005.

1. whatever

whatever New Member

Obviously a lot of people disagree with you. People are not going to stop talking about something just because you don't think they should talk about it.

Where does the Bible say that to tithe is a sin?

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Whatever: Where does the Bible say that to tithe is a sin?

I never said it was sin. I said it was wrong. In the context that N.T. giving is just that. Giving. Tithing as practised in churches today was never a biblical concept. There is not one N.T verse that supports tithing in the church. The concept of giving is.

Posted by Whatever: Obviously a lot of people disagree with you. People are not going to stop talking about something just because you don't think they should talk about it.

You are right. I wasn't trying to stop the conversation. That is not my place. I was simply injecting some light from much study on the subject to show the whole tithe on the gross or net is irrelevant. Give as much as you can as the Lord leads. I was hoping to open it up for discussion.

3. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

you know, I have never found a person who disagrees with the 10% tithe that actually believes they should give more than 10% of their income!!! Have you noticed that everyone who disagrees with that just does not want to give money to the Church? They give little or nothing. Never does one disagree that says you need to give more?

This tells me on some level, along with their other arguments, that they just love their money too much to give to God.

Alas they are right though, Jesus never said give ten percent. If you really want to go that route then what did Jesus say? He told one man to give everything! He constantly taught that we should give all to God and faithfull manage what we have and always be thankful. The first Church in Jerusalem even sold all they had to help one another in a community. Seems that if you do not believe in ten percent then you must believe in the all or nothing method??? If not that then what? Do you believe in giving until you feel that God is happy? When is God happy then, what amount? Do you belive that God wants five dollars from one guy and a thousand from another when both have the same income? enlighten me here!

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Closed at the request of a moderator.