1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patriot Bible University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by tonyhipps, Nov 10, 2007.

1. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

I found Patriot today while researching for an online Christian school. I was interested in the school so I came hear to read the opinions of the folks who frequent this site.

I've searched this forum and have read the opinions about Patriot not being accredited and a diploma mill.
    According to the Colorado Department of Higher Education this institution is categorized as I-A, Authorized institution that is fully accredited without on-site review..

Could someone please enlighten me what that means. To my layman mind that appears to be legal accreditation.

Link to Colorado Department of Higher Education

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not listed as being regionally accredited.

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tony Hipps Response

Tony,

First off, welcome to the Baptist Board.

I would be interested in why you would be interested in a local church based "Christian Bible university?" When, there are so many online, blended, and short course options from RA (regionally accredited) institutions already in place.

This particular issue on this particular thread may have caused "more heat than light" than any other we have discussed.

This is just a "heads-up" so you will not take personally any/all of the possibly negative things that might be said about this type institution.

Once again, welcome to the BB.

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Patriot is not accredited. Notice, on the page you linked, there is no accrediation listed for Patriot. Patriot does not have a good reputation. If you are seeking seminary distance education please consider a truly accredited institution. There are many out there.

Liberty Theological Seminary...MA, MDiv, DMin
    Reformed Theological Seminary...MA
    Southern Evangelical Seminary...MA, MDiv, DMin
    Temple Baptist Seminary...MA, MDiv, DMin
    Luther Rice University...MA, MDiv, DMin
    Moody Bible Institute...BS
    Talbot School of Theology...Modular MA
    Regent School of Divinity...MA, MDiv
    Many Southern Baptist Seminaries allow large portions of their degrees to be done online (Southeastern, Southern, New Orleans, Golden Gate, Southwestern, etc).
    There are others. My point is that there are plenty of good options and Patriot is NOT one of them.

Btw...most, if not all, of the above schools also offer undergraduate degrees online.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Impressive list. :thumbs:

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see there are omissions ion the list of schools.

I would include:

Maranatha Baptist Bible College

Pillsbury BBC

Northland BBC

Clearwater Christian College

International Baptist College of Tempe AZ

and as of this year Bob Jones University.

Come on guys.