1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patriots Undefeated??

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I made a pretty wild comment about the Pats O being the best in the history of the NFL in the cowboys pats thread. Brady had a bit of a letdown this week - 5 td passes by halftime and six overall. They do not however have a good running game - the high flying rams of a few years ago had qb, receivers and rb with Marshall Faulk. The niners of a few years back had montana, rice and taylor - they also had a good running game. Dallas had the triplets, but never needed Aikman to put up big numbers because of emmit. My top three offenses would be those high flying rams followed by this years Pats and then the montana/steve young led niners - what think you all.

If the Pats get past the Colts in a couple weeks, do you see anyone beating them? The Pats put up 30 some odd points a week and have a great defense as well. They are truly an amazing team - now if they can just fix those video cameras again....

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

If they get past the Colts they got a chance.

But I think they will slip up atlesat once in the regular season.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning a perfect season for this season's Patriots:

"That is the most ridiculous thing we've ever heard. A lot can happen. You've got injuries and different things. For us to be thinking about anything but the next game is absurd."

- Rodney Harrison quoted in the 10/22/07 issue of Sports Illustrated

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I hope they go undefeated. I'm tired of all those old Dolphins players getting together to toast when the last undefeated team loses :rolleyes:

I think Indy will have their number again.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Once the Patriots lock up home-field advantage around week 13 or so, their intensity level will drop and they will likely finish the season 15-1.

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I don't think they'll do it. Too many tough games left. They can go 15-1 or 14-2, though. One thing that helps is being in such a weak division - 6 easy wins right there (although at Buffalo could pose a challenge).

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

That's a good point. I could see them losing the very last game of the season at NYG, especially if the game is important for the Giants' playoff picture.

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm looking forward to their game against Indy and would not be surprised to see the loser of that game probably win a rematch in the playoffs.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

The more I think of this, the more I think that going 16-0 is nearly impossible in today's NFL for the following two reasons:

1) Injuries. Injuries always play a factor - even when a team doesn't have any injuries, because by the time they get to 13-0 or 14-0 and have sealed up their playoff spot, they will rest their players the last couple of weeks, making a loss more likely.*

2) Technology. I think the taping of games and game planning has become so sophisticated that teams have all kinds of data and information to prepare against a team. While the Pats look unstoppable right now, their future opponents are diligently studying more and more game films and coming up with counterattacks to defeat them. I think this sophistication makes it even harder for today's NFL team to remain undefeated.

* Regarding no. 1 above - an interesting thought for this year is the fact that the Pats and Colts could end up with great records, and let's say that one of them is 14-0 and the other is 13-1 with two weeks left - you know how important home field throughout the playoffs is, so the 14-0 team cannot afford to rest players the last few weeks. The best thing the Pats (or Colts) have going for them is the fact that the other team might be right behind them pushing them through the last week. That aspect could make it interesting.