1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Washer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Yep, I consider what Paul Washer does as preaching.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

That's fine. We don't all enjoy the same things. I'm glad you like his style, I hope it blesses your heart. :wavey:

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Actually, there are some preaching styles that I'm not particularly attuned to, so I understand where you're coming from.

As a general rule, Paul Washer is not a pulpit-pounder, nor does he foam at the mouth, nor roam all over the platform. In fact, I can't remember his ever pounding the pulpit, ever, until the instance you mentioned. You also mentioned that you weren't enamored with his content, either.

Actually, I'm sorta like you. I prefer that the preacher stay behind the pulpit, that he not shout at the top of his lungs. But I can handle most any kind of preaching if the content of the message is right.

But, I tell you Robert, in some parts of the country, the folks love the style you hate. They want their preachers doing exactly what you don't like and they'll "amen" him all the way through.

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Although I don't particularly like this style of preaching, if I were attending a meeting where he was preaching, I wouldn't walk out. I would try to listen to the content of what he was saying and trust the Lord to use it for His glory.

5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Maybe, but that is not the biblical example. Jesus, the apostles, and their followers, even called people names, and denounced specific people, very loudly and non-politically correctly...

Certainly Mr. Washer preaches more like the example we see in scripture.

I do not believe you properly appreciate the deceptiveness of Satan, nor the waywardness of Sheep. I have seen older men and women who have been under VERY good, biblical preaching (even a Baptist pastor, with a Seminary degree), and have bought into Osteen.

The Biblical example is calling out false teachers by name. So that is what I believe we should do.