1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Paul Washer

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by SolaSaint, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally suspect that the only way brothers and sisters for us to regain our integrity and effectiveness as the proclaimers of God's Kingdomon earth is to be much smaller and happy to be so...id call it a mustard seed conspiracy if I can steal a little from some of our political forum posters. A few hundred always appears to look good on the surface, but we all know there is soooo much lacking, if we are honest with ourselves. I personally take seriously Jesus' teaching about where two or three are gathered in my name....and I know that threatens many of you...but this is His church and not ours.

2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me tell you why I welcome Paul Washer's messages. He has rightly diagnosed the problem with the churches in the West - sin in the camp. Sin is the reason churches are not fulfilling the Great Commission. Sin is the reason why churches hyper-contextualize and compromise their gospel preaching. Listen, I struggle with sin in my own life. I know the horrible damage it does to an effective Christian witness. Paul Washer serves a useful purpose in offering a prophetic cry against sin in the camp. It is the job of pastors to provide a fully balanced spiritual diet to their members.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SIN......REALLY!?! Gee, why didn't someone else consider that!!!!! LOL.

Well of cource its sin....and it is the pastors job to recognize it and address it. However that's not a new idea .... so what's next? Do we all sit around and workshop our navels!?! What's the action plan or is this what Washer is laying out and he isn't getting any buy in to his proposals?

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be respectful.

5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul Washer is one man with one message. Let's pray that pastors the world over will preach against sin and redemption in Christ. Pastors need to step up and fulfill their calling.

6. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Well said. :applause: I like this short devotional below, I believe Paul Washer is a Nathan, I pray that God will raise up more Nathans for this generation. We all need accountability.

7. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

John I'm thankful for men and women like you around the world who are faithful to God's call. :thumbs:

I don't believe PW would condemn the work you folks are doing. http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/japan

I've heard that the Native Americans are the most evangelized people in the world with the least results. God has financially blessed the church in America, but we are not doing enough even in our own back yard. We are shallow and too comfortable. This is what PW is calling folks out for.

8. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would hope he would not condemn the work here. We missionaries to Japan beat ourselves up enough as it is because of how difficult the work is. As a friend of mine says, "All methods are equally ineffective in Japan." :laugh: The page you sent me to is generally accurate, but the "22 unreached people groups" statement is puzzling to say the least. All we have here are Japanese and Ainu, with people from other countries such as Korea.

But to go to any country and condemn the work of good missionaries and pastors without understanding the challenges of that particular country, as C4K heard PW do where he is, is simply poor missiology.

I'm not a fan of PW's missiology, as evidenced in his mission board HeartCry. The concept of sending American money to support indigenous evangelists or missionaries has failed over and over due to the dependence that produces on foreign (American) money. The believers on the field ought to be the ones to support their missionaries--otherwise they are kept from developing their own support of their own missionaries, as is Biblical. I have preached in a country where this is being done with absolutely no American funds, and the results are tremendous!
    I agree with this. American Christianity is in general "at ease in Zion" without putting Christ's last command first.

#48 John of Japan, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  9. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

My original point was not to create a bashing of PW and his methods. I love Paul and I hope he never reads this. I'm sure he has better use of his time. I must learn not to judge my spirituality based upon what I see in others.

Mod-can we close this thread?

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're talking about what I just read, I'm very puzzled. How can simple disagreement with his methods be "bashing"? Surely an open discussion of missiology would help accomplish what you say he wished--the American churches more obedient to the Great Commission.

11. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm not referring to your post. Look further past.

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. God bless.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Per normal practice this thread is closed at the request of its creator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.