1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Paul's salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by awaken, Sep 10, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I stand corrected. Possession of the Holy Spirit and Baptism of the Holy Spirit are the interchangable terms I use. Pouring out was done during the unique period. I think the best description of filled with the Holy Spirit was in this thread that said it is the Holy Spirit in you, vs Baptism of the Holy Spirit is you in Holy Spirit.

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

So when do you think Paul was saved on the road when he met Jesus or when Ananias laid hands on him?

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. awaken

awaken Active Member

So I read the same thing I am reading here! Some say on the road...some say when Ananias laid hands on him and he received the Holy Spirit.

Which is it? If it was on the road (which I believe) then why was it not until Ananias (not an apostle) laid hands on Paul that he was filled with the Holy Spirit.

5. WITBOTL

WITBOTL New Member

While this doesn't speak to the question about Paul being filled with the Holy Spirit after Ananias laid hands on him I think it is appropriate to compare Paul with the other apostles.

I believe Paul was saved on the road when he was called by Jesus, just as I believe the same for the other apostles. Ananias finds Paul praying which is pretty convincing picture of the behaviour of a new Christian.

We need to distinguish between "Filled with the Holy Spirit" and the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

Yes! I have ask this question several times! What is the difference in "Spirit indwelled" "Spirit upon" "Holy Spirit baptism" "filled with the Spirit"?

7. Hawkins

Hawkins New Member

Whenever "saved" is concerned, one is talking about an identity of "God's child". Paul was first given the title of "God's servant" through which he's saved through his faith on Jesus Christ.

Paul ever say that he's a Christian. Christian = a follower of Christ and thus be saved through Him.

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

Not sure what you are getting at..So are you saying that Paul was saved when he surrendered to obey/follow Christ? That was on the road, right?

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was healed and he received the Holy Spirit.

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

The laying on of hands is how he received the comforter. This does not mean He wasn't saved before he received.
    MB

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

So you are saying that Paul had two experiences?

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually Paul isn't the only one who has had two experiences. Many have received the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands.
    MB

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

So how do you explain these two experiences?