1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

paying for gas at the pum

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Salty, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a story written by Dee Klees in the Syracuse Post-Standard today, Saat 10 Sep 05 about paying for gas via a debit card.
    It stated that the gas pump "computer" may put a hold of up to $100 on a gas purchase. Say you gas up three times in one day on a trip and each fill up cost about $40. That would be a total of $120. However the gas company may have a hold of as much of $300 from you account. Ouch. If you only had $310 in you account, then try to check into a hotel that night, thinking you still have $180 your card could actually be refused (and maybe cut up by the clerk)

Please someone, see if you can find the link for this story. This could cause some serious problems for travelers.

Thanks,

Salty

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Sounds like a very unethical gas company. Most companies test the card for $1, and then "hold" the purchase amount only.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks RSR! I tried to find the link, but was unable to do so. ( I am computer challanged) translation = I so stupid when it comes to computers!

I appreciate your help so much, I will evern root for the Cornhuskers this year (esp since I am NOT rooting for the Orange Men - see my post in Sports - "teams I detest")

Salty

ps, up here in Syracuse, on our Local Conservative talk radio show, we refere to the liberal newspaper as the "Lost-Standard"