1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PBS to show Intelligent Design Documentary

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Kathryn, May 22, 2003.

1. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

M. D. Kluge :
    Your story doesn’t stand without your false allegation that the Intelligent Design Theorists “think it amazing that they can demonstrate (at least to their own satisfaction) that God actually designed something”. Removing the word “amazing” does nothing. The whole asinine horse story does not apply because your statement of fact about what Intelligent Design Theorists think is not true. I have given you an example of one of them…... Dr. Dean Kenyon.

If you want to see more about the "design" of creation, read the textbook Of Pandas and People, the Central Question of Biological Origins by Dr. Dean Kenyon. It is an Intelligent Design textbook.

I can assure you Dr. Dean Kenyon has no contempt for God, and has no trouble discussing the science of biology which is his field of study.

And yes, Dr. Dean Kenyon has about 25 years of teaching Evolutionary Biology , not just the "origin of life", as you call it. As his credentials indicate, he was a Professor of Biology at San Francisco State University. His PhD is in Bio-Physics. He understands and has taught the theories of evolution. He wrote the textbook used in universities across the country. I could repost his credentials again, but it is getting a bit tiring.

God Bless

[ June 01, 2003, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Kathryn ]

2. mdkluge

mdkluge Guest

Kathryn wrote:
    Again Kathryn writes out of context. Kathryn wrote the above immediately after quoting me in which I explained that I regretted my use of the word "amazing" and in which I endeavored to explain more clearly what I had meant to say. Kathryn's remark above is therefore at best nonresponsive.

What I said was that Intelligent Design Theory produces only a single result--that a designer exists. There is nothing about design process, constraints, etc. Nor could there be, since the ID movement includes young-earth creathionists as well as old earth creationists and even theistic evolutionists who acknowledge common descent of essentially all living things. Obviously such a group cannot possibly agree upon anything about the design except that there was a design, sothe alleged fact that there was a design is all that really gets discussed. It really doesn't matter whether the design is good or bad, just that it's there. Just like it doesn't matter that Dr. Johnson's horse doesn't count well, just that he counts at all.

Of course Johnson's horse might have a good day once in a while and count correctly. Anbd an occasional ID theorist might actually publish something beyond claiming to show that the designer exists. But none of that really matters to the ID movement. The movement's only point is to demonstrate the designer's existence, not to enquire into the nature of the design. It may not be every ID movement member who shows indifference to the nature of the design; but the raison d'etre for the movement as a whole is without doubt to show that the designer designed, and its one amazing discovery is that it claims to have demonstrated that the designer designed. It matters how well as much as it matters how well Dr. Johnson's horse counts.

3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

M.D. Kludge :
    My answer was hardly non-responsive.

God Bless

P.S. I stand by my response.