1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PC keeps running amok...

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I probably should have put this in current events and I apologize if this story is already on here...

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My only question is: Why a pardon ?
    A pardon implies guilt.
    These guys were not guilty by any stretch of the imagination, unless there are somethings we do not know.

4. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is amazing that stories like this never hit the mainstream liberal media...

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Yea, heres the deal with these guys.

They shot a suspect in the back while he was running away. That is FINE as long as the guy had a weapon, maybe he was shooting at them over his shoulder, right.

But here is the kicker. They did not report the shooting. They did not secure the crime scene and call their supervisor. There was not investigation. They just shoot at the guy and went back to there daily job like nothing happened.

This is so far out of the norm for law enforcement that it is un-thinkable that these guys were in the right. As law enforcement you would not shoot a dog without reporting it for investigation. If you accidently discharge your weapon into the dirt you would report it.

These guys were certenly not innocent. And I try my hardest to give law enforcement the benifit of the doubt.

6. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the very worst these guys may deserve a suspension or reprimand but not JAIL! And of course the real criminal in all of this is being treated like a victim! The same guy that smuggled drugs in and refused to stop, etc, etc, etc... This whole thing is a mess and once again you rarely hear these kind of stories from this liberal society that we live in!

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

You referring to how folks like FoxNews, The Washington Times, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Dennis Prager, Hugh Hewitt, Laura Ingraham, WND, and Ann Coulter...

...saying folks like CBS, CNN, ABC, PBS, NPR, The New York Times, The View, Katie Couric, Al Franken, and Alan Colmes are the mainstream liberal media?

There is a liberal mainstream media, and there is a conservative mainstream media and they create polarized mainstream listeners and viewers.

The story in question, has been featured quite heavily on mainstream conservative web sites.

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

It seems obvious to me that these officers were in the wrong. They shot a probably unarmend man in the back and then tried to cover it up. Not only that they are law enforcement and should be held to an even higher standard then citizens.

Let me ask you this. Say you were in a dark ally and shot a guy in the back. Then you ran away and were not caught. The guy you shot lived and they investigated the shooting. One month later the police show up at your house and arrest you because evidence shows that you shot the man. You say that the shooting was in self defence, but you never reported the shooting. What do you think is going to happen to you.

Now take into account that you as a citizen were probably scared and did not know what to do. These officers have been trained very well what to do when they fire their weapon. They both knew what needed to happen and tried to cover up the shooting. WHY? Attempted murder, if the shooting was legal and the suspect had a weapon they would have reported the shooting so it could be investigated.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. So, where did you get that version of the incident from ?
    Honest question.

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

The original news artical. I will look for the link.

11. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I also forgot to mention that is was fellow border patrol agents that testified against these two. Their own co-workers think they are guilty.

Most of the original articals have expired. I found this from the DA

http://www.kvia.com/global/story.asp?s=5356653&ClientType=Printable

AP story about the conviction, here.
    http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=5564046

Police Officers DO NOT pick up there casings after a shooting. This goes against everything these officers were trained to do. They knew the shooting was not good and tried to cover it up.

#11 DeeJay, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007