1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PC Question

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by preacher, Aug 12, 2002.

1. preacher

preacher New Member

Mornin' All
    Got a question for the puter' whizzes out there.
    Is it possible to connect a harddrive to, say a tapedeck on a stereo to record tapes. Can't afford a cd burner rite now & was just wondering.
    Thanks...& if this is a doofus kind of question...well my Agee says thats the kind of fellow I am! [​IMG]

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I ain't no whiz, and I don't know the answer, but I wanted to jump in because it sounds like it would be fun to try. :D
    I don't see why it wouldn't work by just hooking up your stereo to the soundcard on the computer. You'd probably have to go to your settings and adjust those too, go start>settings>control panel>multimedia
    Ya know, figuring out this kind of stuff can be free entertainment...I suggest you spend a few hours trying different things just for fun and don't even wait for real answers. :D
    (oh wait, that's MY idea of fun) LOL
    Chrys

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know how he did it but a friend of mine did it. He recored a bunch of stuff he'd gotten from napster for his wife.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Why can't you just go to Radio Shack and get a couple of splitters and run a wire from the "audio out" (or "speaker out") to the "audio in" (or "aux in") on your stereo?

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it's the "line in" jack on your computer. If you don't have a "line in" jack, you can't do it.

You'll also need to check your recording software to ensure you have a "record from line in" option (as in, click on record, then when it asks for source, select "line in").

Might also need some special equipment, like a cable.

Check out this article:
    http://ianlamont.com/music/mp3/mp35.htm

6. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

Preacher, you can surely do it, but you need an MP3 to Wave Converter program. You can download this program free of charge from some places, while you may pay $20 or less at others. Here is one of the links to a site: http://www.cnet.com but you may get it from any other places found through your search engine. Some of the places I found via the Google was from $19.50 to $150 and up. Just type into your search engine: MP3 to Wave Converter. [​IMG]

[ August 12, 2002, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Barnabas ]

7. preacher

preacher New Member

Thanks Folks! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I've been having tests run to see if I had come down with TB, which I didn't Thank the Lord, but have to take medication for 6 months anyway.
    But I,ll take all these ideas & try them out. I'll let ya know the results! :D