1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peace that passes understanding

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by just-want-peace, Nov 6, 2008.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of this election.

I don't foresee any good for this nation for a quite spell; if at all in my lifetime (I'm 72 now).

However, yesterday AM (Wednesday) as I was praying about this situation, God gave me a peace that was uncanny!!!!

I have no idea how that "peace" translates into reality, (O being far better than I envision, O becoming a dedicated Christian and responding in like manner to his new job, the rapture coming tomorrow, the conservative base realigning and making a comeback, -- OR something totally alien to my desires) but I DO know that whatever, it's gonna be fine cause He is still the controlling force in the universe, and I'm content with whatever He sees fit to do or not do.

Don't misunderstand, I don't say I'm gonna like it all, but I do know that whatever He chooses, I will accept willingly, and I ain't gonna fret about it!!!

May God grant all of you this peace that I have; both the mourners AND the rejoicers!!!