1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peace upon these Forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brandon F, Oct 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Philippians 1:2 KJV
    Philippians 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

Sirs, hello, my name is Brandon.

May the love of God be ever abounding for everyone who reads this thread, and may prayers be made for everyone and Thanksgiving in all things. Amen.

Sirs,

I stumbled across this Forum by mishap, yet we know not by "mishap". ;-)

I was researching, not I, but the Spirit, the deep things of God.

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:10‭-‬13 KJV
    1 Corinthians 2:10-13 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? ev | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

In particular, I found a peculiar thread fascinating. I was about to post, maybe something foolish, likely very foolish, for I am certainly a fool. Unfortunately the thread was locked to me, as it was archived from around 2001-2002.

So instead I endevored instead to greet the brethren. I was indeed raised and baptized in the Baptist denomination. ;-)

However currently I reside across many Churches, aka Synagogue's, also denominations.

For it is written:

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 2:17 KJV
    Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

And as it is custom and right to do:

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 4:16 KJV
    Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

And:

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 17:2 KJV
    Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

But what of these men brothers in other Synagogue's? Are they all unsaved? What? Who, my brothers, is true and who is a liar?

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part.

Mark 9:38‭-‬40 KJV
    Mark 9:38-40 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

For it is Christ who knows who is his and who is not his.

But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

John 2:24‭-‬25 KJV
    John 2:24-25 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man. | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

And the Lord will separate the sheep from the goats.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:31‭-‬32 KJV
    Matthew 25:31-32 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

But where am I going with any of this? I am unsure myself.

For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Romans 1:11 KJV
    Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves. And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine. And when even was come, he went out of the city. And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses. And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple, there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders,

Mark 11:12‭-‬27 KJV
    Mark 11:12-27 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found no | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

I now must, unwantingly, depart brothers.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

2 Corinthians 13:14 KJV
    2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think welcome to the Baptist Board is what I should do, but I don't know if you are coming or going?... Do you?... Brother GlenConfused

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If the Lord is willing, sir.

For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
    James 4:15 KJV

According to the heart, indeed. However:

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.
    Proverbs 16:9 KJV

#3 Brandon F, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean out of the wood work they are coming.

5. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    origin of 'to crawl out of the woodwork' The phrase to crawl, or to come, out of the woodwork means, of an unpleasant or unwelcome person or thing, to come out of hiding, to emerge from obscurity. The image is of vermin or insects crawling out of crevices or other hidden places in a building.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Luke 6:45 KJV

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
    Revelation 12:10 KJV

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
    1 Peter 3:9 KJV

May you overcome the ruler of the power of the air and mortify the deeds of the Flesh.

When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
    Acts 7:54 KJV

#5 Brandon F, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nicolaus Mourer

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, welcome to the Baptist Forums, friend.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Grace and peace brother. God supply all your needs abundantly.

Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
    1 Corinthians 4:16 KJV

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
    1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV

#7 Brandon F, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  8. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
    Matthew 10:13‭-‬15 KJV

And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
    Luke 7:44‭-‬48 KJV

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matthew 25:40‭-‬46 KJV

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
    Luke 12:5 KJV

I love you Lord Jesus with all my heart ❤️.

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
    Matthew 8:22 KJV

#8 Brandon F, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  9. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Brandon. Welcome to the Baptist Board.

10. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Grace and peace to you brother.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Brandon we have seen all manner of metaphorical critters come and go here at the BB so when we see one who seems to be a bit eccentric we imagine the worst - seeing the number of times we have been burned in the past - imagining (at least on my part) that you are trying to impress us with your copious use of scripture which if is not true i do humbly and sincerely apologize for my misjudgement and welcome you aboard. :)

12. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Grace and peace to you.

I am always surprised at how unChristlike many professing Christians are. How trivial the faith seems to some.

One of Jesus basic teachings is that sin begins in the heart.

Some man comes up to me with "Grace and Peace" and begins some encouraging edifying message from the Holy Spirit what will my reaction be? Praise God!

If he is a wolf the disguise can only last so long as his fruit will be manifest.

But to immediately judge someone with "Look at how he crawled from out of the woodwork" or "He is trying to impress me with biblical knowledge, he is a flatterer and deceiver." What UnChrist behaviour!

To quote Paul loosely 'Exactly who are you O MAN?'

James speaks of prejudice behaviour in his Eyes along the same manner.

I dare say some of us have a trivial faith! Let us judge according to our eyes, our Flesh! Let us not according to God's Spirit! 'For God knows what is in the heart of man'

Do you even know when you speak you speak as an ambassador to God? When a man speaks he should speak as the oracle's of God! Not as the Flesh!

Do I say HELLO? No I behave as MATURE. Grace and peace! My speech is seasoned with the salt that comes from his Holy Son Jesus Christ.

The apostles admonish you to be imitators of them as they are of Christ. Follow them in their ways.

Yet I find Christians unable to speak as oracle's of God, or even able to judge righteously. Are you so confident you are in the Faith? Are you?

"WALK in the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the Flesh"

You want to speak as the world does? Hello! Or speak as you are as directed from the Holy Spirit as an heir to the kingdom? Grace and peace to you!

Brothers, I say these things as a man. Just a man who loves God. I am not here to deceive you. I am ADMONISHING you to walk in a way worthy of your calling, as the Holy Spirit has admonished me.

By the Spirit, mortify the deeds of your Flesh. Walk in truth, and speak as the Righteousness of God demands, full of good fruit and behaviour.

I love you all. I am nobody nor claim to be. I just love my Lord. The same I AM who crushed the armies or Pharoh and became as the Word in manifested Flesh.

I am not perfect, but realize prejudging men is wrong. I recognize the need for righteous speech. The Cornerstone, who is forever praised, enlighten your mind to your behaviours and bring about the fullness found in Him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    impassioned epistles will not affect us, remember Jesus warned us be on the look out for wolves in sheep's clothing.

so therefore by so doing we they and i are in fact doing the honorable thing to see if we detect any fangs.

Seems you are overly sensitive. been there done that Brandon.

14. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.
    Proverbs 27:19 KJV

For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
    James 2:2‭-‬5 KJV

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
    Matthew 11:19 KJV

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
    John 7:24 KJV

Brother, I am not oversensitive as you have just accused me. Your just resisting God's Word, his principle, of making a preconceived judgement. That's God's Word, not me being oversensitive. You in effect resisting the Holy Spirit. Use righteous judgement, based upon the evidence of fruit. Not preconceived notions.

Seems to me this place is full of accusers, which is exactly something the Devil does. He doesn't know your heart but he will sure accuse you. Don't be like the Devil, resist him.

God's Word brother. Deny the Flesh.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah lots of folk think I'm the devil.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You imply I called you the Devil. Another unrighteous accusation.

Why are you resisting God's Holy Spirit to judge with righteous judgement? Also why are you attempting to twist my words?

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
    Acts 7:51 KJV

Stop resisting and making baseless accusations and submit to God. Deny the Flesh. Judge righteously and be slow to speak. For it is written:

In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
    Proverbs 10:19 KJV

And

He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
    Proverbs 10:9 KJV

God's holiness is no joke brother. Without holiness nobody will see God. Your words matter, also does your attitudes of the heart. Accusing someone in your heart of evil without any basis of fruit is in itself evil.

Do you not realize the seriousness of these things or is God some casual club you have joined? Jesus says 'By your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned'.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    Matthew 25:31‭-‬33 KJV

#16 Brandon F, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  17. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you are not Hank!.. You're our friendly resident mugwump... Brother Glen;)

Lighten up Brandon!

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

18. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Point out my sin sir. So I may grow. Have I not dealt with compassion and the truth to edify?

Where exactly have I sinned sir and not seasoned my speech?

19. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't have to come on here and read brethren the riot act... They know the scriptures as I do and I have been studying them over 50 years... Not bragging just stating a fact...You want a discussion, start one, then maybe the brethren would get to know you better... No one on here likes to be talked down too... Point out your sin?... same as my sin Pride!... Oh yeah I'm not any different than anyone else on here... The truth to edify?... Edify means build up and not tear down... Compassion must be seasoned with love... Sometimes this seems to be lacking on here, me included, we are saved but we are still sinners... Paul makes that perfectly clear... Sometimes our passion exceeds our compassion... Get out of here and visit the other forums and see what I mean... Here's a link... Brother Glen:)

Forums

20. Brandon F

Brandon F New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus spoke the truth in love. Do I not love the man? Surely I do which is why I wrote to him.

We do not have some trivial faith. It's not some faith where you can go by pure instinct and make accusations in your heart or say whatever you want to. He is HOLY HOLY.

If I did not speak the truth that would be incompassionate. To know he might end up condemned' before a perfect and HOLY God who judges thoughts and attitudes and words who says 'Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say?' That's incompassionate. To let sin slide, that can be murderous and hateful, to allow someone to fall under God's judgement.

The Christian walk can be summed up by this particular verse in Acts:

'To walk in the Fear of the Lord and Comfort of the Holy Spirit'

But if we are behaving like the world we are just fooling ourselves. Hello! Did you see the Mets play the other day? Secular secular secular. The first Christians were indeed, not of the world. No gladiator games, festivals.

Yet we hold friendship to this world by many and thus fool themselves. Thinking they can escape a Holy God who judges words and attitudes, people who depreciate the value and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.

These people are in for a rude awakening. If I did not speak the truth I would be condemning them, responsible for their murder.

This is all about living your faith. You speak it? Good. Demons can speak it to. But do you LIVE it? I am speaking in words, actions, lifestyle. Do you live as he is, Holy?

So I regret nothing I said but rather pray he and others like him repent and realize the extent, the magnificent extent of God's holiness and clean up their speech, their mannerisms, and become as they should be.

The Apostles nor Jesus did not sugarcoat things, and speaking the truth is compassion.

That is my final word on things. Do I love everyone here? Yes. Am I far from perfect. Of course. But do I recognize the importance of speech and behaviours in truth towards others? Absolutely.

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.