1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelosi Denying...Murtha Threatening

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Actually,

Pelosi and all of the liberals on this board keep missing the truth: the gulfstream was a coast to coast enabled airframe almost 30 years before the new contender began to play at coast to coast.

And the new contender doesn't have the range. . . So why does an educated Speaker of the House say that it does?

And why do all the liberals take that as truth?

I honestly thank God that this is a small couple of million dollar mistake . . .

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently at Pelosi's request.

"I want an aircraft that will reach California," Pelosi told reporters Wednesday afternoon, insisting that she doesn't care what kind of plane it is as long as it can fly nonstop to her home district.

But she knew what planes were available and which one it would take.

Regardless , the Defense Department turned down her request. She will be treated like others have in the past, not special like the rich usually expect.

#42 carpro, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yeah, she apparently requested a plane to get her home non-stop.

Prove that she even cared, let alone knew.

She won't be flying non-stop to her home district? Citation please.

Even the WH has said this is a silly non-issue.

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

:thumbs:

To quote myself:
    Even on page 5, the lie is still a lie.......

Regards, hope all is well,
    BiR

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I wonder how long they'll keep squirming until they realize that the more they make excuses for the republicans, the worse the damage will be.

I'm more than happy to give them some more rope.

"Republicans, led by aggressive junior lawmakers, seized on the most extreme possibility; Ms. Pelosi's flying on the military equivalent of a Boeing 757 with the latest in travel comforts."
    Dallas Morning News, which generally endorses republicans, including Bush

The republicans still don't get it; this kind of moral flabbiness is why voters booted them in the first place. The best part is that Bush & Co. turned out to have more moral backbone than the remaing GOP congresspersons, and refused to go along with the smear.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Darn, I think they've figured it out.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Liberals are working overtime to minimize the damage caused by Pelosi and her grasping for priviledge.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

But it doesn't stop them. I believe that some people prefer truthiness to truthfulness.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Heh, now that even the White House won't back their story, we're seeing a lot of repair spin going on. But, as even republican news sources admit,

"Republicans, led by aggressive junior lawmakers, seized on the most extreme possibility; Ms. Pelosi's flying on the military equivalent of a Boeing 757 with the latest in travel comforts."

They tried to Swift Boat the Speaker, and now they're paying the price for it.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is now known. Republicans will pay no price whatsoever.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPrint.asp?Page=/Commentary/archive/200702/COM20070209b.html

Nancy Pelosi: Come Fly with Me

By Frank Salvato
    CNSNews.com Commentary
    February 09, 2007

EXCERPT

The hoopla over whether House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should have access to an Air Force commuter jet or to a larger, more amenity-laden, 757-styled jet just goes to prove that anything in Washington DC can be politicized. Quite frankly, with Ms. Pelosi''s penchant for taking pot-shots at the president, I would have thought her request would have been for a C-130 gunship.

SNIP

As the story goes, Speaker Pelosi''s people wanted to upgrade the aircraft used to transport her because the aircraft that had been allocated for this task while Illinois Representative Dennis Hastert was speaker can''t make it non-stop from Washington to California. The word that should be scrutinized in the last sentence is "non-stop."

While traveling aboard an aircraft that has to refuel during the journey may be an annoyance, it certainly isn''t anything to turn one''s nose up at, especially when someone else is footing the bill as the American taxpayers are in this case.

SNIP

Some would opine that landing to refuel would present a security risk for Ms. Pelosi, an opportunity for terrorist malcontents to lay siege to her aircraft. This is a hollow and uneducated argument. Any Air Force transport jet that would be shuttling Ms. Pelosi would undoubtedly land to refuel at military installations of which there are many between Washington DC and California. Security, with regard to landing for the purpose of refueling, is not an issue.

It is more likely that Ms. Pelosi simply doesn''t want to be inconvenienced by a task as mundane as having her all expenses paid government issued private jet refueled while she is ferried back and forth to Washington on the taxpayers'' nickel, her staff and family in tow.

12. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The hoopla over whether House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should have access to an Air Force commuter jet or to a larger, more amenity-laden, 757-styled jet just goes to prove that anything in Washington DC can be politicized. Quite frankly, with Ms. Pelosi''s penchant for taking pot-shots at the president, I would have thought her request would have been for a C-130 gunship.

OK, so now we understand his motivation.

The House Sgt.-at-Arms is not Peolosi's "people.' He's the same one who suggested a nonstop flight for the former (republican) speaker, for the same security reasons.

Right. He told Pelosi that a non-stop flight would be preferrable for security reasons. Same reason Hastert chose that route, also on his advice.

The charge that she specified the largest and most luxurious model available in the inventory, as you know, was dreamed up by some "aggressive" republicans, and has no basis in reality.

(argument that the House Sgt.-at-Arms was remiss in suggesting this mode of transportation for Hastert and Pelosi)

Perhaps, but I suppose he is qualified to make such a judgement. What are the writer's credentials? And since Pelosi didn't make the call, it appears that this gentleman is trying to distribute taffy.

We now know that's a lie, since it was the same person who arranged nonstop transportation for both Hastert and Pelosi. Let's see, what did the pro-Republican Dallas Morning News say about it?

Ah, that explains what it was all about. They still don't get it, or realize that stuff like this is part of the reason Americans took Congress from them.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pelosi requested a plane that could fly non-stop to San Francisco. He tried to
    get it.

"Security issues" being the lame excuse.

"It is more likely that Ms. Pelosi simply doesn''t want to be inconvenienced by a task as mundane as having her all expenses paid government issued private jet refueled while she is ferried back and forth to Washington on the taxpayers'' nickel, her staff and family in tow."

14. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I would disagree with this.

Of course, Austin is hands down the most liberal city, but Houston is a close 2nd. We have Sheila Jackson-Lee for crying out loud!:laugh:

15. Baptist in Richmond

Yes, that is right, Galatian, and a lie is still a lie, even when we have gotten to page 6 in this discussion.........

Regards, hope you are doing well,
    BiR (heading to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for a few days)

16. Baptist in Richmond

:love2: :love2:

Austin! I love that city, and I love that area of the country.

Regards, Bro. James - hope you and yours are well,
    BiR

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

And notice the ones trying to sell the Republican line never quote any of the principals, but only other shills.

I've never been there, but would like to. Is it storming today there or is that below the line?

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberals, like Pelosi, hate it when they caught in their own web of deceit and priviledge.

Liberal apologists hate it even worse.:thumbs:

19. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Bob Ney, Tom DeLay.

Republican shills will say anything without regards to truth. And keep repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And now Nancy Pelosi. She was also caught with her hand in the till during the DeLay "scandal".

This makes twice, but liberals get do- overs in the ethics department as we all know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.