1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelosi Snowed-Out of Global Warming Rally

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) had to cancel an appearance Monday at a global warming rally in Washington, D.C., that was hit by a snowstorm because her flight was delayed, her office told CNSNews.com.

More Here

[​IMG]

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh:

Could anyone tell me how many of the networks covered the "protest" and reported the Queen mother's failure to show?

peace to you:praying:

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Folks you just don't understand how global warming works! It is global warming that has created these extremes in the weather.

I can remember when we were told that a new ice age was coming.:tonofbricks: :tonofbricks: Just think if it were not for global warming we would all be frozen by now. So lets hear it for global warming.:thumbs: :thumbs:

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Imagine how bad the snow would have been without the global warming. Laugh if you want but this might have averted a major freezing storm with even more snow.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It also most likely held off the return of Christ.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was once a fellow who went around a little mountain town snapping his fingers. A reporter decided to surreptitiously follow this guy and observe his actions over a period of time.

After trailing him for several days, observing him snapping his fingers every time he saw a dog or cat, he approached the guy to talk to him.

"Tell me, Sir, why do you snap your fingers every time you see a dog or cat?"

"Well, when I was about 6 years old, my cousin told me that crocodiles loved to eat dogs & cats, so if either of those was around, there just might be a crocodile close by. But he told me I could scare the crocodile off by snapping my fingers."

"Sir, you do realize that we're in the mountains and there are no crocodiles for hundreds of miles, don't you?"

"Darned effective, ain't it?"

Yep, we would be in really bad shape were it not for GW!!??:sleep::tonofbricks::rolleyes:;)

7. monk

monk New Member

While I am not completely convinced by global warming scientists, and I drive an SUV, it may help you to read the research available and understand that just because it is called global "warming" it does not mean that we won't have cold weather or snow or that either of these will ever be done away with.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You're confused. The UK has a Queen Mother. We do not believe in monarchy.

9. targus

targus New Member

I heard on the radio today that the latest spin is that the temperature of the earth may cool for the next couple of decades and then global warming will come back with a vengance.

It has too apparently - that's the only way that they can reconcile actual data against their computer models.

The models all say global warming don't you know. Forget reality.

10. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know it may be hard to admit, but it is illogical to claim "global warming" exists when the temps are actually getting colder.

It is illogical to say, "well, it would have been even colder if not for the global warming", when the temps are going down, not up.

It is just as silly to say, "we might have averted a major freezing storm with even more snow" when 12 to 14 in. of snow are falling across the region.

The only thing it demonstrates is the unwillingness of liberals to accept the truth, when it goes against what they want to believe.

peace to you:praying:

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I bet he didn't get as much as one thank you for keeping those crocodiles away... Some people have no appreciation... :BangHead:

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ah, but the temp would be going down faster without the warming...

Think of the temp as descending at a ascending rate... :thumbsup: