1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pensecola Christian Collage

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by DeclareHim, Jun 7, 2004.

1. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

This is were I am planning to attend what do some of you think of it. I know its not a Baptist college but they have many Baptist principals.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right.It is NOT Baptist. It is NOT local church (their "campus church" - a sham - is owned and operated by the President of the college and his wife!). It is extremely KJVonly and even sent tens of thousands of videos supporting their position to unsuspecting churches.

It is not accredited and has enough odd rules to make Bob Jones look normal. We will not allow a music group from PCC in our church.

Hey, you asked and I gave "what I thought" of it.

(Why not consider Pillsbury BBC in Minnesota, a day drive from Kalispell and supported by many ifb churches in Montana??)

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

My daughter just finished her sophomore year there. There are challenges and problems with the school. It is good that you asked for views first.

Saying that, she is getting a good education that is Bible based.

Ask the Lord for direction. No school is flawless. In retrospect I don't know if she would have made the same decision, but since she is there she has decided to learn the lessons she can and stick it out till the end.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just reread my post and it was awfully negative and caustic. We have a young man from our church going there this fall.

We don't agree with some areas (as above) but know that God has led him there and he will be blessed. There are a GREAT VARIETY of good bible colleges because there are a GREAT VARIETY of people! One size doesn't fit all.

God bless, declare him, as you are trained for HIS glory!

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

thx dr bob. I definetly dont agree with there strong stance that the KJV is the only version and disagree with there stands on music and in several other areas for instance there dress. You have to wear a tie I believe and I don't like that. I mean I dont wear shorts to church but I dont like to wear ties. Might I ask dr. Bob do you go to a IBC or are you SBC. I agree with you in most areas (except for music ;) .

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am historic ifb. My churches (I pastored) and schools (I am a prof) were old Northern Baptist Convention, but withdrew long before my time.

And did I mention I hate rock and rap and most CCM? Probably have! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

And I thought you were 120! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. aefting

aefting New Member

If you are not KJV-only, then probably the reason your going to PCC is the cost factor. My understanding is that while their base costs may be significantly cheaper, other fees tend to drive the totals costs higher. I'd at least look into that.

The discipline at PCC is quite harsh. They normally do not understand legitimate extenuating circumstances, nor do they appreciate appeals to such. Keep that in mind after you get there.

I think you would get a better education at any number of different fundamental Bible colleges or universities. Personally, I would pay the higher tuition somewhere else.

Three young people from my current church have enrolled at PCC in the past couple years. Only one will be returning this coming year (and he is the brother of one the girls NOT going back).

Andy

9. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For a different perspective, may I suggest looking into Philadelphia Biblical University. Home of C. I. Scofield.

PBU website

10. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Well I also like the fact that they have pools and bowling alleys and lots of things on campus I would rather go to a Southern Baptist College personally but my parents are going to pay for 2 years of my 4 year education and also my Grandparents are the other 2 and both will not send me to a college that uses any other version than the KJV. My parents aren't KJVO but they are perferred(and want me to be as well my grandparenst are KJVO). Im not rebellious in it but I just dont want to use the KJV. Great Bible just not for me.

11. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not accusing, nor questioning, just encourage a trust in the Lord's direction to HIS choice - aside from financial aid :) - but since you are a good Montanan most likely you're way ahead of me :)

There is a 3 year program school just over into SD if you get redirection - very inexpensive :)

Study well, and grow a thick skin for those kjvos.

12. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Try my best. (Might be kinda hard. [​IMG]

13. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

To grow thick skin for the kjvos.

14. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

I was curious...what's PCC's view of their male student's hair? I ask b/c I thought they had the typical "off ears/off collar" rule. I rec their magazine and they had a classical(?)concert with a male performer with shoulder-length hair. I can't see why this isn't a double standard, or at least inconsistency.

15. aefting

aefting New Member

It is a double standard but is it wrong to impose institutional standards on students that you would not impose on visitors? I don't think so.

Andy

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You really can't expect visitors or guests to conform to the same standards you require for your students.

17. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Now, now ........... Everyone has an opinion but there is very little thinking or clear analysis and application of Biblical principle here. BTW, the performer was the son of two music profs at PCC. They performed as family. Now, the real question is the message being sent to the students. PCC did have the option of not inviting this guy to perform regardless of his ability. To paraphrase the Apostle Paul: "All things are lawful for me but all things are not necessary." Is this showing preference? Does James' teaching about preferential behavior apply here? In other words, was he invited for who was as opposed to what he was? What was the message sent to the student body?

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I think most PCC students realise that the school rules are just that, school rules, and not a standard for living.

If he was only allowed BECAUSE he was family than that would be a problem, but if others who also have long hair are invited than I can't see the problem.

My daughter is a student there as mentioned above. We know that there are problems and inconstancies, but we knew that before she started there.

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's called manipulation. Make your own decisons and pay your own way. You are an adult.

20. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

After rereading my post I realized that I made that sound bad. My parents are not exactly richbut were not poor. That said they prefer I go to PCC because of cost about $5000 a year. My grandparents would not pay for me to go to a non KJV college but my parents like PCC because of the cost.