1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

People Come to Government to Feed Their Souls

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by PreachTony, Feb 11, 2015.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/rep-cummings-people-come-government-feed-their-souls

Maryland Democratic representative Elijah Cummings, speaking at Legislative Conference of the National Treasury Employees Union on 4 February 2015, stated:
    I've never once considered going to government to get my soul feed. Then again, I've never held up government as some representative of God, as many deeply entrenched liberals and conservatives do.

Yet another congressional representative suffering a bad case of open-mouth-insert-foot-itis. I hear it can be treated by seeking out the Great Physician.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I presume these sorts of people believe that if they do good deeds for people, or have compassion and think they can help people via government, that they are gaining favor with God.