1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured People stink

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Mar 22, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By your own admission in a previous post you are a liar, a thief, a blasphemer, a adulator, and a murderer at heart. You have had bad thoughts of many Calvinist on this board and sometimes post them publicly. Is God pleased with your sin WinMan? You have broken everyone of the 10 Commandments and stand condemned before the judge. You claim you have accepted Christ and repented of your ways and so he has forgiven your debt and considers you a child of God. So why do you still dish out your hate towards Calvinists on this board???

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I notice you refused to answer the question. Why? Are you ashamed to say what you really believe?

Calling Calvinism the Doctrines of Grace does not fool anybody. Except maybe yourself.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By your own admission in a previous post you are a liar, a thief, a blasphemer, a adulator, and a murderer at heart. You have had bad thoughts of many Calvinist on this board and sometimes post them publicly. Is God pleased with your sin WinMan? You have broken everyone of the 10 Commandments and stand condemned before the judge. You claim you have accepted Christ and repented of your ways and so he has forgiven your debt and considers you a child of God. So why do you still dish out your hate towards Calvinists on this board???

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

You do not have a clue Evan. You believe in a God who is very much like Hitler. He loves a select few, and believes it is not only OK, but GOOD to destroy everyone else. That was Hitler's goal. And he very much loved the fame and glory he received.

You are quite like your Calvinist God yourself, all you do is talk about yourself. That is why I said the Me, Me, Me, thread gets my vote as most ironic thread ever, and others agreed. Went right over your head.

God is not self-centered Evan, he did not come to earth for himself, he came to save ALL men, but there was only one way to do that, and that is to become a man and live under the law, and then die for our sins and rise from the dead. But we must freely trust in Jesus, as Jesus had to trust his Father to raise him from the dead.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh enough of this CAL vs. Armin debate which seems to dominate your mind. Lord almighty!

I just saw the movie God is not dead which did not support Reformed theology nor Pres Apologetics. However it was a touchy story, and the evidence for the creator was excellent. The story emphasized not only the scientific facts for the God of the Bible, but also the power of the Holy Spirit to change lives. The main character in the story yes I did notice was not a arrogant Christian whom thought he was better than others, he was a humble man whom was CONVICTED for his faith, but trusted in the power of God to bring truth to the lost. You go watch the film.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

You mention Arminianism in a great many of your posts, so it is just a little hypocritical of you to criticize me for my stand against Calvinism. The difference is that I show scripture that refutes Calvinism, while you tend to quote John MacArthur, or Paul Washer, or whatever Reformed author you read yesterday.

I am glad you enjoyed your movie, you forgot to tell us what you snacked on during the show.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I intend to present expanded remarks on the following comment God willing. First I want to say that there is no God of the Calvinists or God of the Arminians. There is only one God and that is the truth.

I noticed in reading the Link that Winman provided in his post #38 some comments by Olsen that I consider blasphemous. For example Olsen states:

Perhaps I am wrong but I notice this same attitude in some who say they are of Arminian persuasion when responding to posts by Calvinists. This is particularly true of Winman. To blaspheme God because one does not accept the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace is unacceptable in my opinion.

Now It may be that those of the Calvinist persuasion have made derogatory remarks about God when responding to Arminian posts. If we have then we are just as guilty as Winman. The only thing that I recall saying is that Arminians believe they have to help God out. I intended that to be a reflection on the poster, not on God. If it is a reflection on God I will say as did King David:

Psalms 51:1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. <<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.>>

The point I am trying to make, and perhaps poorly, is that whether our doctrine of salvation is Biblical or not, correct or not, if we are saved we need to be careful how we speak about God.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you watch the movie? Will yo watch the movie? Snacked on nothing.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

What Calvinists believe about God, and what Arminians or non Cals believe about God are quite different. Intelligent people realize this is what is being said when we say "the Calvinist God" or "the Arminian God".

Olson is not blaspheming God, he does not believe the Calvinist view of God. He believes the Calvinist view is blasphemy, making God and the devil almost indistinguishable.

I believe your view of God is complete error. I do not believe God chose some people to save before they were born and chose others to "pass by". To disagree with your view of God is not blasphemy.

You know that, this is all just a big charade.

What a joke. I and others have every right to call you out on your doctrine if it is not biblical. The scriptures tell us to contend for the faith.

You simply assume your view is correct, when THAT is the question. Then you accuse anybody who disagrees with your view of blasphemy.

Your argument is ridiculous and only an idiot would fall for it.

#49 Winman, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't candy coat it for us Winman....tell us what you really think. :laugh:

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, God is self-centered. Any other belief is totally out of line with all of Scripture and the historic Christian faith.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is also just and mercyfull.....hardly pathological.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, so we shouldn't make fun of Obama for taking "selfies" should we? After all, he's simply being god-like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I said earlier, the Calvinist concept of God and the Arminian or non Cal concept of God are not the same. Not even close.

14. OldRegular

One can always count on "bitter Winman"!:BangHead:

#54 OldRegular, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree but recognize that the armimians developed out of the Calvinists....that's first on the list. Next, there are greater similarities than you can possibly imagine. A recent conversation with JamesL? I think his name simulated those similariities and the Calvinists did not dispute them. As for me, I'm fine with systematic theology and I am fine with people having different beliefs....just as long as they don't use it as a vehicle to harm one another. However I will self identify as a Old School Baptist and I don't care if you agree with it or not. But there is also one thing I know, God isn't into denominationalism (sic)

16. OldRegular

My concept of God is that revealed in Scripture. In an earlier post I presented some Scripture talking about the Glory of God. I posted these specifically for you and do so again.

I will say here and now that, in my opinion, anyone who would post anything comparing God to Hitler is bitter and sin-sick [posts #24 & 44] and any so-called preacher who would compare God and Satan [Quotes from Olsen in posts #38 & #47] is bitter and sin-sick! Any person who professes to be a Christian and speaks or posts anything that is derogatory toward God is guilty, in my opinion, of blasphemy.

#56 OldRegular, Mar 23, 2014
  17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Everyone makes this claim. The JWs will say they believe what is revealed in scripture, as will the Mormons. Making this claim doesn't make it so.

I was not comparing God to Hitler, I was comparing Luke's CONCEPT of God to Hitler. Those are quite different things.

As for Olson, he was comparing the Calvinist CONCEPT of God to Satan. I understood exactly what he was saying, and he is absolutely correct in my opinion. Satan wants people to go to hell, and in Calvinism God MUST want people to go to hell, else he would simply regenerate them.

Isn't that so? If God WANTED everyone to go to heaven in your view, then couldn't he simply regenerate everyone? So, logically, it is impossible not to conclude that God WANTS people to go to hell. He must, because he passes them by. He is just like Satan in Calvinism. The difference is that Satan doesn't claim he loves everyone and wants them all to be saved.

The fact that you will not say this out loud does not make the problem go away. It is called the "elephant in the room". You can deny you believe this, but that is a direct contradiction and cannot possibly be true.

That is why I thanked Tim for being honest and consistent. He does not deny the logical conclusions of Calvinism as many here do.

#57 Winman, Mar 23, 2014
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sick yes, "In Sin" & yes blasphemy. We carry around with us stinking bodies when God has given us the Grace & the instructions to overcome our afflictions. But you know as well as I do OR that it is a lifetime battle we face. Put on your armor or bring out your dead.:smilewinkgrin:

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't mean they're loveale.

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

And you are using the same false argument as Old Regular. No one here is comparing God to Hitler or the Devil. We are comparing the Calvinist view or concept of God to Hitler or the Devil.

The scriptures say God loves everyone and desires that all men be saved. Calvinism demands that God does not love everyone and does not desire all men be saved or else God would simply regenerate every man that was ever born.

Isn't that so?